cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Webadvisor

Jump to solution

Good morning, i've noticed some days ago that webadvisor save a strange amount of dates, over 45gb. Despite i've deleted the file in some minutes a lot of Mb was "downloaded". Can you help me? Thank you.

Screenshot_20200504-145006_WhatsApp.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 9 of 9

Re: Webadvisor

Jump to solution

Hi @Lucacurioni28 

You have contacted our Support and the issue was resolved. The Support ran McAfee product removal tool and removed McAfee. You have stated that you will reinstall McAfee AV & WebAdvisor by yourself. 

Please feel free to contact our support if the issue re-occurs.

Regards,
Madhan M 

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Highlighted
Message 2 of 9

Jump to solution

Hello @Lucacurioni28 

We are sorry that the file size increases and the file gets downloaded again even after deleting it. We request you to uninstall WebAdvisor and then reinstall which will fix this issue.

Please let us know the Operating System and WebAdvisor Version. You can find the WebAdvisor version on Control Panel. For WebAdvisor browser version, you can right click on the WebAdvisor extension and find the version number.

I would request you to uninstall WebAdvisor from Control Panel and also removing the Extension from the browsers. Reinstall WebAdvisor by following the Article below and then add the extension to the browsers. This should fix the issue.

How to download and install McAfee WebAdvisor

Post re-installation, please observe for few days and check if the same issue re-occurs. Please update us with the outcome. 

Regards,
Madhan M

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it Accept as Solution and give Kudos if appropriate

Highlighted

Jump to solution

I've already tried to uninstall the program but i wasn't able to find webadvisor in control panel and I've also tried to remove the exstension from the browser but I wasn't able to find where I can do it.

My operating system is windows 10 Home. Thank you 

Highlighted
Message 4 of 9

Jump to solution

Hello @Lucacurioni28 

Under Control Panel, it should appear as McAfee WebAdvisor. On browsers, it should appear under Extensions or Add-Ons. Please select the Stack, Settings or three dots at top right on your browser and you should be able to find under Extensions, Add-Ons.

Regards,
Madhan M

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Cattura.PNGI put a screenshot of control panel, I could find only mcafee internet security but nothin else.

Highlighted
Message 6 of 9

Jump to solution

Hi @Lucacurioni28 

Thank you for the information. Can you please check WebAdvisor on the browsers you have installed?. It should be located under Extensions or Add-Ons. 

Also let us know the browsers you have the WebAdvisor installed.

Regards,
Madhan M

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Cattura.PNGI found only this things but no webadvisor. I use google chrome.

Highlighted
Message 8 of 9

Jump to solution

Hello @Lucacurioni28 

Due to the nature of this incident, we will contact and help you fix the issue privately.

I've sent you a private message. Please check and respond.

Regards,
Madhan M

Highlighted
Message 9 of 9

Jump to solution

Hi @Lucacurioni28 

You have contacted our Support and the issue was resolved. The Support ran McAfee product removal tool and removed McAfee. You have stated that you will reinstall McAfee AV & WebAdvisor by yourself. 

Please feel free to contact our support if the issue re-occurs.

Regards,
Madhan M 

View solution in original post

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community