cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Webadvisor blocking outlook.com content

For some reason the Web Advisor started showing a warning when I go to outlook.com to access my email. Everytime I go to outlook.live.com/owa/ before I click the button to put my credentials to login, the WebAdvisor now says that it is blocking (some kind of) content and when I open McAfee to see what it is doing, it shows that apparently it was dangerous ads. I didn't even know that the initial page of outlook had ads. 
Why did it suddenly start? (This afternoon, it didn't happen)
Is this some kind of bug or is it really dangerous content?
Did I get compromised in any way and should I be worried? 
Thanks.

By the way, in the page where I put my credentials and on my actual email, no warnings showed.

I attached a screenshot of the warning. Translated, it roughly says: "We have tested this page and the content blocked that comes from potentially dangerous or suspicious websites. Only allow this content if you're sure it comes from safe sites."

Can anyone help?

2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Webadvisor blocking outlook.com content

The extension may not updated properly or might have been corrupted. It should not mark Outlook as dangerous since it's a legit site.

Highlighted

Re: Webadvisor blocking outlook.com content

My first thought was that McAfee had updated something and somehow this now shows up. So should I wait for an update? It's really annoying because now I have the amount of "dangerous web pages blocked" going up everytime I go to outlook and I won't know if it's legit or it's because of this. 
For the moment I'm going directly to the login screen login.live.com instead of outlook.live.com/owa/ so that it doesn't pop up.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community