cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Web Gateway question

I am new to the web gateway, I have been tasked with migrating our current physical web gateway to a virtual one on hyper-V.  I have not had much luck with my google-fu today (guess I might not be asking the right questions)

so we would like to migrate our current version from 7.6.2.13.0 to 7.8.0.2 (or the recommended virtual appliance for Hyper-v)

I assume we could build the new VM set the IP's of the nic's the same as the original one then we can do a backup of the original gateway power down/disconnect the original gateway from the network.  then connect the new virtual gateway to the network same IP's then restore the backup file.

I guess my concerns would be if i could just restore a 7.6.x backup to a newer version gateway without any issues?  I would also like to know if there are possibly any good guides around for the migration i am trying to attempt?

Any information would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance.

1 Reply
Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Web Gateway question

Duplicate post refer to

Locking

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community