cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pcavey
Level 7

This message not processed by McAfee Anti-Spam

There was a recent automatic upgrade to McAfee Total Protection. Up to this point, I had no problem. Now whenever I process my mail using Thunderbird, it seems that I receive the following pop-up message for every email message I receive: "This message not processed by McAfee Anti-Spam" - this is annoying and painful.

Up to this point, McAfee did a fantastic job identifying and sorting spam, now I am at my wits end dealing with this pop-up.

What happened? How do I fix it?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
67 Replies
jak12345
Level 7

Re: This message not processed by McAfee Anti-Spam

I have the same problem.  Come on McAfee sort it out.

0 Kudos
mrice007
Level 7

same problem here. and its very annoying when you get a lot of spam and have too push the button 30 times

0 Kudos
jak12345
Level 7

Still having this problem and it is very very annoying.  I have now disabled anti-spam as that seems to be the only way to get around the problem at the moment.  I don't see this as a long tern solution though.  Do McAfee support read these groups?  Not happy

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Confirm version of Anti spam please...Is the anti spam toolbar visible

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 21/03/10 8:11:32 PM
0 Kudos
mrice007
Level 7

i have mcafee total protection 2010.

but i have upgraded too thunderbird 3.0.3 and now i cant tag mails as spam

and the toolbar is visible

0 Kudos
jak12345
Level 7

I also have McAfee Total protection 2010 and I am having the problem when using Thunderbird version 2.0.0.24 (20100228).

0 Kudos
jak12345
Level 7

Oh and yes the toolbar is visible.  

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

We seem to have two issues here 1 the message pops up and you have to highlight the email and mark as spam and other you cannot tag the emails as spam.  Can you confirm this as I am discussing this with the techs in our call tomorrow.

0 Kudos
jak12345
Level 7

I have only noticed the first problem, which is the message popping up for every email as it comes in.  You have to click OK for each message.

0 Kudos