Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 12

SiteAdvisor Menubar Icon

Is it just me or was there a siteadvisor plus release that allowed you to move the application from the toolbar to the menubar?

For awhile I had a different release and was running my siteadvisor in the menubar on two computers.  Both computers arent showing that option now and the build is 3.0.1.165.  Both IE8 and FF allowed siteadvisor to be placed into the menubar.

Was there a new release that moved siteadvisor back into the toolbar (IE) and statusbar (FF) areas?

Thanks...

11 Replies
Highlighted

Re: SiteAdvisor Menubar Icon

Moved to SiteAdvisor - Moderator.

Highlighted

OK now that I've had some time to check...I wasn't aware that one could move the icon from the bottom toolbar in Firefox at any stage, in any version, but apart from some initial stubbornness from the icon in IE8 I've managed to move it around at the top OK, except on my Mini Notebook which carries XP Pro SP3 (& only IE8) and that one refuses to budge probably because the screen image gets squished anyway....all the same version as yourself.

You are remembering to unlock the toolbars first I assume?

We were told "Unfortunately because Firefox browser is html based it's impossible to  move it to another toolbar."

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 07/04/10 9:44:38 EDT AM
Highlighted
Level 7
Message 4 of 12

I got the name wrong.  siteadvisor was running on the Title Bar, the clear glass area (not the menubar).  I assume this was changed?

Highlighted

If you mean at the bottom right nothing has changed, in Firefox at least (see pic)  Whether or not that's the clear area would depend on what skin one uses I suppose.

Capture.JPG

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 07/04/10 10:23:39 EDT AM
Highlighted
Level 7
Message 6 of 12

It was in the title bar (not the menu bar as previously stated ) area at the top right side by the open, close and maximize buttons.  There was an option (available to SA plus only)  that said to "move siteadvisor to the titlebar area".  The option moved it on both FF and IE.  It's not a big deal, I just liked it on the title bar.  With SA version 3.0.1.165 that option isnt there

Highlighted

That's very interesting I had no idea that option was ever there in FF.   Anyway it appears to be gone.

I could add this to our Conference Call agenda next Monday if you like.

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 8 of 12

It's cool.  Just wondered what happened to the option.  I didnt get the release version of the SA that had that feature.  Thanks for the replies

Highlighted

In one of my spare rigs I installed McAfee Total Protection Beta and that option or something like it is available.  Click the attached pictures to enlarge and tell me if they are what you mean.

So I think the option should be there shortly.

Capture.JPG

and this is Firefox's top toolbar...

Capture1.JPG

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 08/04/10 7:23:02 EDT PM
Level 7
Message 10 of 12

Yes.  That is it.  The display mode allowed you to put siteadvisor into the Title Bar.

I didnt install a beta version of total protection though, it was auto-updated to that version of SA.  And then it changed back L:)

Thank you.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community