Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Site blocked by webadvisor

clipboard_image_1.png

Site Report

Here’s why www.mygamexp.net/ is dangerous

We regularly scan sites for suspicious and malicious activity — and this one just isn’t safe. You’ll find more details below.
About this siteWebsite category:
  • Games -> I don't see what is wrong with this at all, I offer reviews blogs and opinion blogs with information to either mods, gaming guides and direct links to the games where they are sold or where they can get these modifications for those games. I carefully monitor all my links and scan them before adding them to these blogs, to begin with. 
  • Malicious Sites -> I clearly do not agree with this, there are no sites added that have been flagged themselves, I use official sources only which are well known to the public.
  • Phishing -> You are really kidding me, what phishing, you can not even register on my site. The only one that has access is me, they try to breach my site on a daily base but since the day the site exists they were not able to get in period. My site is Secure!
Really McFee?
Now you gonna have to explain this very carefully to me how you can flag it as dangerous while nothing malicious is going on on my site. My site is merely a blog site, the host is not only secure but it scans and blocks any unauthorized access like immediately. On top of that, I use website monitoring, website firewalls while securi.net claiming that I have none running whish is plane false information.

I have a feeling that this McFee web advisor miraculously got on my browser since I was not aware that I actually added it, to begin with so I really wondering how it got on there in the first place.  To me, this is somehow a way to lure people in and sell them stuff on the fly like securi's website security solutions? Or maybe McFee wants to let me know that they exist? 

Honestly, I do not need this kind of practices and I am really not happy with my site being flagged without any reason on your site, everyone using that web advisor is wrongfully misled that my site is dangerous while nothing, nothing on that site is bad. Heck, it is not even fully finished since it is a one mans gaming blog project nothing more nothing less.

This is Awfully Misleading: 
Seriously after scanning my site with my malware, and security systems, contacting my web host and web developer we conclude that the site is safe for everyone to enter. Your scanning methods are flawed at best and it seems that false site flagging reports are not uncommon with McFee and Bitdefender, the latter will get the same treatment by the way.

What concerns me is that you have the power to block potential traffic with these false reports even when my site is still being properly populated with content. My trust in McFee was already low, I am forced to register on their website and the information you give about why I am being flagged is so indirect that it is hard to determine why you potentially flag my site as being dangerous.

No detailed link list is given of those links you deem problematic
No detailed list is given about curtain risky information I add to my blogs
No detailed information is given about potential files that may cause a risk

And BitDefender is even worse, it is as if you guys do this to force people to pay up to get that information. This is the main reason why I don't use either of your products!

clipboard_image_6.png
clipboard_image_3.png

4 Replies
Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Re: Site blocked by webadvisor

Wait, McFee is flagging my site without any reason and now you want me to put up the work to register myself yet again on another McFee platform and put up my website up for review while I do not exactly know why I am being flagged?

Why am I not given the information I need, to begin with?

A: what is the exact problem 

B:  Related to game why is McFee saying there is a problem with cheats, codes, demos or emulators. I am not offering such thing on my site so I would like to pinpoint the pages that McFee scanned with such content! If this is the case I can review those pages and submit my own investigation and remove potential problems prior to putting up my site up for review again.

C: Malicious sites, which pages contain downloads of any executables, exploits or any of some sort. I would like to review those page myself first prior to putting up my site up again for a review by McFee.

😧 Phishing, hoax emails? which emails are used for falsely presenting myself as a real company?  The only email used is my contact mail through the contact form or the legal pages on my website which is a legitimate email to use. Who are you to determine that this is used for hoaxing my visitors?

My site is GDPR Compliant and I follow the rules of the EUROPEAN guidelines where I need to provide legal pages and contact information whenever a USER deems it necessary!

I do not need to be a company to offer contact information! It is a frigging hobbyist Gaming Site 😮

Anyway; first and foremost, what I need is for McFee to give me the detailed information "PM" that I need to double-check any of the issues McFee claims my site to have. I can not file my site up for review beforehand when these issues potentially are still present.

So you or anyone from McFee is going to have to do what they need to do to deliver me that information via private message to help me to fix this if this is on my end since I do not know where the problem is situating. I only have two finished Review blogs and 8 placeholders that do not contain anything real yet. Aside from that I also have 5 opinion blogs live one varia and one tech blog, these articles do contain links but I went through each and one of them and none of them are redirecting anyone to any malicious sites as far as I am aware. So I am genuinely in the dark here!  

If you need my contact mail I will provide it trough my PM inf necessary.

Best of regards 

Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 5

What I gave is what the mods would do though they can submit the site themselves. Will call a mod to comment. You can comment in the submission it probably is a false detection or an old detection ( only stating what causes this in other sites not implying this happened in yours) registering and asking for a  review probably will fix the issue for good.

@Madhan  can you comment

@KEVINMGXP 

We have sent the private message.

Regards
Siva

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community