cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
melboy
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

SAService.exe high cpu usage

although i dont use gmail i was experiencing SAService.exe running at 50% cpu. i tried adding google.com to the dont warn list , and, for now at least, seems to be working.

http://blog.siteadvisor.com/2007/12/problems_accessing_gmail.shtml
3 Replies

RE: SAService.exe high cpu usage




I don't like to hijack someone else's thread, but could this be related to my problem ?

I don't use Gmail. The blog refers to a date in december of 2007, my problem is more recent.

I'm not sure if adding google.com to the do not warn list would be a good thing for me, I'm not sure what it would do.

The thing is, I use google, (but not google.com, instead of the .com there is a reference to my local country version of Google), it is my default search engine. I installed it that way when I installed IE 7. As I understand, it's tied to IE 7 in some way. But the weird thing is that when I mistype a URL, google.UK will try to find the website ! And while my local extension is not .com, it's not .UK either ! I have no idea why I'm stuck with the .UK thing. As my Windows XP installation CD-ROM predates service pack 2, last time I had to do a reinstall I downloaded the service pack 2 'for specialists'. (There was no specific reference to the UK). Downloading the entire service pack at once saved me about 100 reboots !

So, I'm wondering if tieing the local version of google to IE 7 could be related to my problems. :confused:

See my thread: 'Saservice stuck at 100 % CPU utilization'
melboy
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 4

RE: SAService.exe high cpu usage

dont worry about "hijacking the thread" i posted it for info only, if it helps solve someone elses problem then it can only be a good thing.
you could try entering all three google doms in(.com,.uk etc) i cant see what harm it could do. if it works then ,great, if not , undo it. nothing ventured, nothing gained.
maybe its a conflict of somekind between google and SA. SAService does still hit high cpu usage going to different site , but doesnt stick there, for me anyway.
melboy
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

RE: SAService.exe high cpu usage

UPDATE:

The "fix" was short lived and the problem has returned, although not as frequent.
It doesnt seem random though, certain sites i visit(the excellent castlecops being one), seem to provoke a reaction. SAS.exe increases its memory usage and cpu usage to 50% and stays there. I've sometimes then stopped the process via task manager(NOT something i recommend!) and almost immediately it re-instates itself at a lower memory and cpu usage.