Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
minion
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 50

Problem with safe sites icons

Jump to solution

I cannot keep the icons showing safe sites. I have downloaded McAfee Web Advisor , but it only lasts a few minutes  Can you help me. I talked with tech support, he said it was fixed, but it stopped again.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
minion
Level 8
Message 3 of 50

Re: Problem with safe sites icons

Jump to solution

Thank you very much for the help. The site helped me resolve the problem

View solution in original post

49 Replies
catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 50

Jump to solution

Successfully moved from Community Support to McAfee WebAdvisor (formerly SiteAdvisor) > Discussions

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
minion
Level 8
Message 3 of 50

Jump to solution

Thank you very much for the help. The site helped me resolve the problem

View solution in original post

abmchi
Level 7
Message 4 of 50

Jump to solution

cannot find the answer you say worked.... every click in community support and webadvisor discussions brings me back to same set of messages without solution shown.

ever since updating Firefox to to ver 53.0- [32 bit] 2day, it crashes.... got rid of webadvisor and is okay... reinstall BUT disable,firefox is ok...enable the add-on/extn, and FFcrashes again....

I've refreshed firefox 6 times.... don't know what's wrong  [btw, enabled all sorts of stuff I unually block, and still no use]

have uninstalled and reinstalled webadvisor x 2 - no change.... FF crashes

n.b.   IE11 hasn't been able to use webadnisor for 6 mos or more  ... mcafee web support said it no longer works w/IE ...

and that's also with active-x allowed, no tracking, etc.... although I don't allow 3rd part extns in general, I would for mcafee

I've been using their single-url checker, but otherwise relied on firefox...no luck with it now

thios post seemed to indicate a firefox soln but can't find it .... although this crashing w/add-on enabled may require more work anyways

thank you for directing me to the soln.

Jump to solution

By FF crashing what do you mean? I get a not responding occasionally for say 20 seconds but that has been happening since FF 52.

WA in IE11 does still work just no annotations (ticks) or icon shown should still warn you re bad sites.

Reduced feature set for WA and Internet explorer

Duplicate post removed

catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 50

Jump to solution

Think we need to *Branch * this PK? This thread was answered.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

Jump to solution

If your answer fixes it I would leave it if not make a new thread. My feeling your choice.

catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 8 of 50

Jump to solution

Good point. The 64-bit version does not have that problem. Hopefully they will try it.

I would assume they have a 64-bit OS?

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
abmchi
Level 7
Message 9 of 50

Jump to solution

see my post #12 .... may well want to wait until the webadvisor bug-fix/FF53.0-compatable update comes out 2017-04-26

catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 10 of 50

Jump to solution

It must be 'System specific' then. As I am running 53.0 64-bit and all is functioning perfectly. I would contact a Senior member of the Web Advisor Team ( He works closely with the Devs)  However he is on PTO until 4/28/2017.

Remember that your Web Advisor updates *Silently* and usually you are not aware the Version/Build has changed until you reboot.

All the Best

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community