cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
annam
Level 7

Outlook Issues after install of new McAfee software

Last night I renewed my subscription to McAfee Internet Security, and after the install my Outlook won't open.  When I contacted Tech Support, after about 30 minutes of the tech in India controlling my system, I was told I needed to reinstall Outlook.  Has anyone encountered similar issue and how was it resolved? I don't really want to go through a reinstall of Outlook.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Dinz
Level 16

Re: Outlook Issues after install of new McAfee software

Hi annam,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused due to the issue  . But please be informed that there is no such issue that is been reported of this kind. however, did you try to remove McAfee programs  from the PC and check the status of your Outlook . This could be a coincidence as well.

0 Kudos
annam
Level 7

No, because I had to leave for work.  I will try a few things when I get back home among them trying to create new pst file.  The tech said that McAfee was disabled and still Outlook was unable to start.  I had no issue with Outlook prior to the new install.  I may have to go back to a previous restore point, problem is that I need to find out where on my system McAfee copied the new install file(s)

0 Kudos
Hayton
Level 18

Moved this thread from Community Help to Web & Email Protection for attention.

0 Kudos