... as a side note ... the problems that I am having with SiteAdvisor 2.8.255 is on a pc at work. At home, however, no problems, why? Because at home I have an excellent HIPS program installed that will not allow ANYTHING installing without my permission. Four times, so far, it has prevented SiteAdvisor from updating ... good ole HIPS!
The SA update came this morning. McSaCore.exe is now running. The SA 'about' dialog in IE now shows version 2.8.255. I ran the supplied batch file and Outlook still comes up with blank message windows when emails are opened.
Vinod probably can answer it better but I do know that versions 2.8 and 2.9 have been reported although I personally haven't updated to any of them yet. From what I've read I would try to stick with the old version until the problems are sorted out. I'll update the sticky at the top of this section when I hear anything.
versions 2.8 is underway and If I am correct all those who have opted for the PiP or Product Improvement Program option at the installtion gets the 2.8 pushed Auto...
some very very rare guys get the 2.9 sad ( not me yet)
I believe the best person here is the ever helpful Praveen Rajaretnam who once send me a detailed email on how the 2.9 ver is obtained when I was bamboozled on how that happened when only 2.6 was live.
I got things running smoothly, but have noticed that every few days or so, even though the toolbars are locked, SA burrows its way onto a new toolbar all of and on its own. I have to unlock the toolbars, drag the green button up into my Google toolbar and then re-lock. I have to orchestrate this carefully, because it is very wilful as to where it installs itself!! (left side, right side, new toolbar ABOVE Google...)