cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving mcafee secure icon?

the mcafee secure icon is on its own line at the top of my screen, using part of the screen. How can i move it up to one of the other tool bar lines?

thank you

8 Replies
Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 9

Re: Moving mcafee secure icon?

Is this IE8 or Firefox 3.6?

I'll try to outline them both.

With Firefox click to the right of the icon for Options

Go to the General tab Display Mode and switch to Standard (Toolbar view) close and reopen Firefox.

That's all one can do with Firefox as toolbars can't be moved like they can with IE.

With IE you have those same settings but there is also the ability to move it almost anywhere at the top.

Go to browser top toolbar, right-click and uncheck 'Lock the toolbars'.

Then a dotted double-line should appear to the left of that icon.  Hover your cursor over that line and click/hold and you should be able to drag it elsewhere in the top section, including into another toolbar (Google for instance), or even the Menu bar.

Don't forget to relock the toolbars.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 17/07/10 12:17:00 EDT PM
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 9

Moved topic to "SiteAdvisor".

fire fox

i do not have general for a choice when i click on the arrow.

i have site report, show ballon, disable site advisor and about is all i have.

thank you for your help

Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 9

Just realised that the option to move it in Firefox doesn't exist in Siteadvisor basic.  I was using SiteAdvisor Plus.   I booted over to my test Windows 7 OS where I have a Virtual Machine to test various things and yes as I thought, it can't be moved, sorry.

how do i remove it?

Reliable Contributor
Message 7 of 9

You can either disable it under Tools/Add-ons/Extensions or you can uninstall it through Control Panel/Add or Remove Programs (XP) Programs/Uninstall a program (Vista/Windows 7).  If it isn't listed seperately then click McAfee SecurityCenter and then selectively uninstall; just that.

Highlighted
SeaCat
Level 7
Message 8 of 9

Do we have any idea if this is something McAfee is going to work on fixing?  Being able to move the icon around in Firefox?  It seems like this is very basic functionality that should have been done on the outset of the software.  It is also my users biggest gripe, that it cannot be moved and it takes up a whole row of space in the browser bar.

Reliable Contributor
Message 9 of 9

It's beyond the control of McAfee as Firefox browser works on different principles, namely HTML coding, I believe, & doesn't allow unlocking of the toolbars.  It isn't possible to move any toolbar around in Firefox the way you can in IE using drag and drop.

At least with SiteAdvisor Plus one can have it appear in a different spot, namely from the "Standard View" bottom toolbar to the very top menu bar, "Compact View", through the Options menu, but the far-right position it appears on those toolbars is fixed.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 26/07/10 11:10:38 EDT AM