cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arunvasudha1
Level 7

Mcafee website safety icon missing in Mozilla Firefox.

Hi Mcafee Team/ Others,

I am using Mcafee and from y'day I couldn't see Mcafee Website safety icon missing in the Mozilla Firefox but its appearning in IE8. I didn't understand the reason why its behaving like this. Please help me in fixing it. I will be confidently browing the websites if the icon appears at the bottom page of Mozilla. It shows which page is not safe and which page is safe. Thanks in advance.

Thanks,

Arun

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Re: Mcafee website safety icon missing in Mozilla Firefox.

Try tools add ons extensions is SA shown there and if so which version? Is it there and enabled?

If it is still missing from toolbar then try uninstalling/reinstalling.

Go to Control  Panel/Add or Remove Programs (XP) or Programs/Uninstall a Program  (Vista). If it isn't listed then it may be part of your McAfee suite in  which case click that item and then select only SiteAdvisor for removal.

Reboot  and re-download from your account or from http://www.siteadvisor.com .

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 29/05/10 8:15:58 PM
0 Kudos
k3tg
Level 14

The latest version of Firefox is 3.6.3

Do you have the add ons enabled?

0 Kudos
arunvasudha1
Level 7

Yes. Currently i am using WOT, ABP, No Scripts.

TIll y'day it worked. I don't know what happened from today its not working in Mozilla. But in IE8 its working. Please see attached screenshots for more details.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
arunvasudha1
Level 7

All,

I resolved it. Just click on 'View' in Mozilla, select 'Status Bar'. Now its appearing. Thanks for your cooperation.

0 Kudos
k3tg
Level 14

Have you tried the suggestion from Peacekkeper?

Something else you might want to try is to do a uninstall from Add/Remove programs and rebbot, then run the MCPR removal tool found under Useful Links at the top of this page and reboot gain. Open your Firefox browser and login in to your online mcAfee account and download your software to see if you still have the issue.

Technical Support Chat is another option you could try. They are available 24/7

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Arun my apologies I missed that should have seen you had no status bar. Good to see you are up and working now.

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

See above

0 Kudos