cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Mcafee WebAdvisor using 50% cpu

Jump to solution

Yes he will pass thst onto the webadvisor team. Hope they see something. Mine on 266 and no cpu usage of any significance

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 32 of 59

Jump to solution

Hi ​,

There was another individual whom experienced the same thing. Is your Software (Security Center/Suite)  provided directly from McAfee? (Affld 0). Any other Affld # is usually 3rd party.  I agree your CPU Usage should not be that high. There are currently Technicians that are gathering logs in a effort to get this issue resolved.

​  Could you kindly add to the discussion please.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Highlighted

Jump to solution

I believe that Mcafee suite came with the laptop when I bought it with a free trial period. I then probably just followed the instructions once the trial period was up and stayed protected, ie pay for it. Its a long time ago now. The laptop is a Sony VPCY11M1E.

The McAfee guy wanted to uninstall my suite and reinstall it. But last time they did that on another pc of mine, they could not get it to install and I had to restore from backup. They blame my machine at the time having system or file errors, but I don't think so.

If others are experiencing the same issues with 266 then the changes between 262 and 266 must be something to do with it. Sometimes mcsacore.exe would run using 50+ % even without opening IE.

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 34 of 59

Jump to solution

​,

Like PK I am running 4.0.3.(266)  using Internet Explorer, and not experiencing any issues. Hopefully they can come to a conclusion on what exactly the issue is. It is good to know they took logs.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Highlighted
Message 35 of 59

Jump to solution

I'm from Support, would like to connect with you and gather McAfee logs for further investigation. Please follow me to send and receive Private messages.

Cheers

Sanjay

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Sanjay

what  do you mean by "Please follow me to send and receive Private messages"?

I am again having problems logging into this forum. The login box does not appear but there is another box with a couple of files. I seem to remember one was to do with  reports.

Highlighted

Jump to solution

He means click on his name and it opens his profile. On far right is Follow select that and his will then when he is notified you are following him follow you. that will allow him to privately message you.

Can you post a pic of the login box?

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 38 of 59

Jump to solution

The WebAdvisor team says they've had a break-though in figuring out the issue and hope to have a fix in the near future.  If anyone is willing to help us confirm the issue, please reach out to Selvan to set up a remote session.

Note that once we have the fix ready, the fastest way to get it will be to reinstall McAfee WebAdvisor from www.mcafee.com/mcafeewebadvisor using Internet Explorer.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 39 of 59

Jump to solution

Update:

The WebAdvisor team were able to determine the cause - many thanks to those who shared logs to help us identify the problem. 

As a result, we've been able to fix the problem and have now released McAfee WebAdvisor 4.0.3.279, which you will soon receive through the standard update mechanism. 

However, if you want to update sooner, the new version can be downloaded from www.mcafee.com/mcafeewebavisor or www.SiteAdvisor.com, (Note: please use Internet Explorer to download in order to get this latest version immediately).

Please post back to confirm if this fixes the problem you are experiencing.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 40 of 59

Jump to solution

Thank you Doug!

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community