cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
toluol
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 15

McAffee WebAdvisor is worst than censorship!

Jump to solution

Enough with McAffee Webadvisor! There's so many websites it avoid to access! It's the worst censorship on internet. And even if we click on "I accept risk" it's not possible to access the website! McAfee was installed by default on my laptop when I bought it, but I will remove it and install kaspersky. McAffee prevent to access a lot of safe website but doesn't avoid to be infected by a lot of common malwares. McAffee is definitely the worst security and antivirus software...

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dougk_t3
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 11 of 15

Re: McAffee WebAdvisor is worst than censorship!

Jump to solution

wildone88,

The result of my discussion with Dev on Friday about this issue is that they are planning to release a fix this week .

HTH

View solution in original post

14 Replies
catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 15

Jump to solution

​,

I am sorry to hear your discontent. As McAfee Web Advisor has layered protection to protect your best Interests/System. Having said that..there is no need to uninstall your whole suite. One can go to the Control Panel/Programs and features/Select McAfee Web Advisor/Remove/restart.

Also if you are concerned that you may have a infection,you can always run this complimentary Software to scan your system,and it is (Free). Preferably Malwarebytes (Free) and Malwarebytes AdwCleaner, in addition to other McAfee tools.

Here;

All the best

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
toluol
Level 7
Message 3 of 15

Jump to solution

Yes I know malwarebytes, adwcleaner, as well as ZHP diag and Roguekiller, they all found malwares better than McAffee. I would like to have an internet security software who prevent me to be infected by malware not a software who avoid me to access to safe website just because it content warez. Especially when I click on accept the risk!

catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 15

Jump to solution

While no Anti-Virus is 100%, to include Kaspersky. The new methodology that McAfee and other well known Security Vendors are employing. Increases the system performance and (Detection rate/percentage). McAfee however does have a (Pledge) to it's customer base to assure them they are protected.

Please read; https://community.mcafee.com/message/432478#432478

Again all the best

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
wildone88
Level 7
Message 5 of 15

Jump to solution

Catdaddy the process you explained for disabling web advisor does not work on my computer please see short video:

https://www.screencast.com/t/HwRzNFEgEPhttps://www.screencast.com/t/HwRzNFEgEP

catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 15

Jump to solution

​,

Evidently you misconstrued my suggestion?  I did not recommend to go to the features list. However suggested that one go to the ( Windows) Control Panel/Programs and Features/Select McAfee Web Advisor/ (Remove/Uninstall/Restart)

When following this advice, it will no longer be on the system.

Hope this was helpful..Please let us know if it works for you.

Thank you,

All the best

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
wildone88
Level 7
Message 7 of 15

Jump to solution

Why will it not let you accept risk and continue to site?  This feature used to work but just noticed it stopped working recently.

catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 8 of 15

Jump to solution

Evidently Trusted Source/McAfee Web Advisor for some reason has deemed it Suspicious/Unverified/Or Unsafe to visit.  Could you indicate the Site, not the link please?

I might add that similar to when one elects to add a file to the (Excluded List) McAfee will still block it on your behalf to protect your system from a possibly malicious file or process. It may be that the Site you wish to visit may need submitting to ( TrustedSource ) to be reviewed?

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
wildone88
Level 7
Message 9 of 15

Jump to solution

Funny now I click accept risk and it lets me go to site.

catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 10 of 15

Jump to solution

Okay then ....For example I just tried to access a site I know to be suspicious  (Allinfree.net) and even when I tried to accept the risk, Web Advisor still blocked it.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community