cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

McAfee WebAdvisor is blocking my major newspaper sites and other serious websites!

Hi there,

McAfee WebAdvisor is blocking my major newspaper sites and other serious websites! Even when I click "I accept the risk" it doesn't open the page. What is going on? Does anyone know? I'm about to remove it and buy another anti virus ...

Cheers

10 Replies
Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 11

Re: McAfee WebAdvisor is blocking my major newspaper sites and other serious websites!

Post a link and I will try it before I delete the link from the post ( bad links removed as matter of course) but I would like to try it first

Moved to web Advisor forum

Reliable Contributor catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 11

Re: McAfee WebAdvisor is blocking my major newspaper sites and other serious websites!

You can try contacting TrustedSource to have it reviewed.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

Thank you. I was just trying to buy a sunglasses clicp for my optical glasses:

Ok see what you mean link removed for others safety

when you try option sun, it blocks, this is just an example...

Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 11

Follow the suggestion by CD submit the link that goes red actually several do i see. Stockists do as well

ok, thank you, I will.

What I dont understand is, when I say "I accept the risk" it should open the page anyway!

Reliable Contributor
Message 7 of 11

maybe not if Mcafee really worried you might get hacked. I would have expected it to open but if it is a bad site would you want your PC compromised?

I would like to still be able to decide on that, you know? But I see your point ... thank you.

Reliable Contributor
Message 9 of 11

Actually the firm needs to be told as well probably too many links to fix each individually. they need to dispute the ratings

Still, when I say I accept the risk it should open, period! Its my machine, not McAfee's!

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community