Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SPyron
Level 12
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 21 of 47

Re: McAfee SiteAdvisor is killing my business

Jump to solution

Sir, I keep removing your number because it is a violation of our terms of service. If you want to continue using our site, you will stop violating our terms of service. Second, my removing your number protects you from having your number picked up by spammers.

I have already initiated actions to get your case resolved. Continuing to violate our terms of service will not get your issue resolved faster, it will simply get you banned from this site.

Somer L. Pyron
Knowledge Analyst
ServicePortal: support.mcafee.com
Web: www.mcafee.com

Jump to solution

Will someone please sort this out!

It's not only pathetic, it's a violation of my business. It's 3am in the morning and I'm no further forward than I was 11 days ago.

I despair.

Jump to solution

Dear Nervous Joel,

Don't you want to check your site instruction first then play some Nervous act and use so many words which this community is not deserve it.

Just Calm down and check the pictures below as well.

x.png

y.png

BTW, McAfee Support is the best and If you did request them to check, you have to to check your site at first.

Please keep your aggressive word out of this community and have a glass of wine with it. (Here is not a good place to write such a junky words)

Enjoy.

M. B. M

Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Message 24 of 47

Jump to solution

joelsimister wrote:

Will someone please sort this out!

It's not only pathetic, it's a violation of my business. It's 3am in the morning and I'm no further forward than I was 11 days ago.

I despair.

1) SPyron is senior at McAfee & extremely knowledgeable, things will happen as she has stated, listen to what she wrote & please be patient

2) Flooding a forum with posts is not going to help your case get resolved any faster nor is posting personal data or bad language (as in your previous thread), it's bad Netiquette, against forum rules & all it does is give the Moderators a headache, in my case a sleepless night as a result.  We have other things to do than read endless notification emails about the same thing.  SPyron's remarks apply once again.

3) In the grand scheme of things believe me 10 or 11 days is not long to wait for a website to be assessed by SiteAdvisor considering the millions they have to handle.  I see that WoT (Web Of Trust) hasn't assessed you either: https://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/musictoyourears.co.uk?utm_source=addon&utm_content=rw-viewsc and there could easily be many others as most security software vendors have similar apps.

4) Referring back to SPyron's remarks once again, nowhere is your site maligned by SiteAdvisor, it merely states take caution until the site is assessed.   It would say that for any site under similar circumstances.

5) I would take note of what the previous poster posted too and double check your site's security certificates.

Good luck.

McAfee Employee mmoore3
McAfee Employee
Message 25 of 47

Jump to solution

www.musictoyourears.co.uk is now rated green.

Reliable Contributor catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Message 26 of 47

Jump to solution

Well, there ya go !

Much appreciated

Regards,

Catdaddy

McAfee Community Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Message 27 of 47

Jump to solution

Thank goodness.   All the best 😉

Jump to solution

Thank you to everyone who has helped, I am very relieved.

Just for reference here are the CTR figures for my Adwords. Coincidence?

Last week up to and including yesterday 0.71%

Today so far 2.21%

Conversion rate

Yesterday 0.00%

Today 9.52%

SPyron
Level 12
Message 29 of 47

Jump to solution

Hi Joel,

The uptick is most likely volume generated by myself and others here going to your site, and the various traffic our scans have generated. SiteAdvisor is our version of the reputation service. Other companies have their own versions of a similar product (like WOT for example). It wasn't that we downrated your site 11 days ago, we'd never rated your site previously, so nothing changed to affect your site traffic 11 days ago. It seems that you installed our free version of SiteAdvisor, and were able to see our ratings. If you were to install a competitor's product, you'd similarly see no rating for your site from them too.

SiteAdvisor doesn't charge for our ratings. Our systems crawl the internet, constantly hitting site after site, checking for viruses and other malware and abuses. If we find abuses, we rate the site red or yellow in our database so that people who choose to install our software can see a warning. We also have volunteer users that contribute reviews of sites, flag a site that might be compromised, etc. When a new site comes online, it can take a few weeks for our servers to notice that new site. There's nothing irregular about this. It's similar to a new product being put on a store shelf. The minute it hits the shelf, people might not notice it is there for a little while. So the bump in site traffic today is not indicative of a problem being resolved, it just shows that several people have hit your site to see what the problem is from your thread. I probably loaded your site five or six times last night myself, each of our mods probably loaded it a few times to see if the rating updated, my tier III engineer checked it a few times, our lab scanned it.

Regardless, I'm glad I was able to get someone to bump your site up in the review queue, and wish you much good luck with your business endeavors.

Somer L. Pyron
Knowledge Analyst
ServicePortal: support.mcafee.com
Web: www.mcafee.com
Reliable Contributor catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Message 30 of 47

Jump to solution

Amen..

Cliff