Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kalmly
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 23

Latest Update $!?@

I just stupidly allowed the newest update to be installed. HOW DO I GO BACK TO THE PREVIOUS VERSION????

I've enjoyed using McAfee Site Advisor for years but I hate that the new upgrade widened my status bar. I would very much like to go back to the version I had previously--the one that sat there taking up no space and minding its own business except to turn red occasionally--please tell me how to do that. If that is not possible then tell me how to UNINSTALL.

Thanks.
22 Replies

RE: Latest Update $!?@

If you got the same version as I did, go to Control panel, Add/remove programs, locate McAfee SiteAdvisor and you can uninstall it there.

I too dislike this version 28, it's just that in my case it forcibly installed IE components too crippling IE apparently in the process. I was using Firefox version btw. 🙂

About the previous version, I have no idea sad I too would like to get back my simple Firefox add-on.

It puts 2 02 bho's, 1 018 protocol and 2 023 services entries in a HJT log.

Older Versions of SiteAdvisor at Download.com.

@evilfantasy, that link there only redirects back to SA download page, where the latest version is offered.

The new version is v2.9. This is v2.877. McAfee SiteAdvisor for Internet Explorer 2.8.277

Try the firefox version, it does redirect back to SA.

http://www.download.com/McAfee-SiteAdvisor-for-Firefox/3000-11745_4-10493671.html?tag=mncol

Click Download now, it leads to here http://www.siteadvisor.com/download/ff_preinstall.html which does not offer Fx extension anymore, but this bundle which includes everyhting sad

I looked around for an older version for firefox but as expected it doesn't seem to be as easy to find. I'll let you know if I run across something...

Much appreciated. I have no idea why they decided to kill off the firefox extension sad
Highlighted
kalmly
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 9 of 23

THANKS for all the answers

I did manage to disable it, but the Uninstall option is grayed out. I'll check back again later. In the meantime I will google around.

RE: THANKS for all the answers

Kip found 2.6 for Firefox whick if I remember correctly isn't much different than 2.8. McAfee SiteAdvisor for Firefox 26.6

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community