cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to customize site advisor?

My previous version of Mcafee used to open in a new tab which made it easy to use. I have Security center since yesterday and the site advisor's report (when asked) opens in a new window. Is there a way to change this?
After installing the security center, the site advisor was installed in Greek which is the second language installed in my computer (system locale). Can I change the site advisor into english?
I have windows vista, last version of Firefox and UK english as the main language.
3 Replies
Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

RE: Is there a way to customize site advisor?

Unfortunately no, there is no way to alter that behaviour. However, sometimes when first installing you may get version 255 which will update within 24 - 48 hours, not sure if that will alter the behaviour. (I'm not in my McAfee rig right now).

Would it be the same if I use other browser? Or could I change the tab issue through firefox (maybe from the about:config settings)? It really feels interupting when a new window opens in the foreground. Thanx for your interest anyway.
Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

I really don't know but I doubt it. Try playing with the browser settings to see if it makes a difference.