cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RE: ISSUE: SiteAdvisor spontaneously turns gray and stops responding in IE6 and IE7

Thank you for the info -- mine went down a short time ago - second time since I started using it a year ago. Last time when I called (somewhere) support they tried to have me go thru all sorts of things as if it were my computer.... not for a couple weeks did I learn it was THEIR problem, not my computers. Sure wish the tech folks knew enough to tell that it's their problem instead of having me jump thru useless hoops.

Guess this time I wont worry - for a while.

Is there someplace to actually get updates about Site Advisor itself?

Thanks
Garett
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 22 of 33

RE: ISSUE: SiteAdvisor spontaneously turns gray and stops responding in IE6 and IE7

I'm having the same problem again as well, and my previous fixes no longer work. Must be a more widespread problem this time around. I haven't installed any windows updates this time either.

Same problem here with both IE and Firefox on 2 different computers. Contacted SA support online, told them I reinstalled, etc. the guy said someone would call within 3 days. i'm pretty convinced it's their problem. too bad they don't alert their support people.
Just tried FEEDBACK and SA site timed out. It's got to them.
Highlighted

Same here with IE and FF. The first time I've had this kind of issue. Emphasis on *this*. :rolleyes: Because it came back to a corrected state ever-so-shortly, I'm taking a "wait and see" attitude before attempting to reinstall.

Carol

"A shout-out to the "Grey Wizard" with hopes that he's remaining healthy!" wink

You're welcome. 🙂
I wish they had Site Advisor updates.
Maybe we should pitch them the idea....

Anyway, it has suddenly come back on now. It was definately not our problem, just as I suspected from the beginning.
It may kick off again though....
Is anyone else back up?

(EDIT: Mine just went down again, I guess they are still working on it.)
(EDIT #2: Looks like it is slowly getting back up! All should be well by tomorrow.)

Wee it seems to be up and running fully now.. for me anyway. As of about 1:30am EST.
Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 27 of 33

The problem was with their database I believe. You should all be OK now. In answer to an earlier comment, SA does update, not very often mind you.

Back up here, too. Even the search feature of advising is back. Life is good again!

I'm back with both IE and FF. It would be nice if they'd somehow let us know they have a problem rather than letting us go through all the gyrations of uninstall, reintall, etc.

News updates like that are the ones I'm talking about. 😉
It would be a good idea.

Anyway, it is officially back up here!
No problems at all as of yet. happy

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community