cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I claim the ownership of my blog?

I have a computer related blog in Blogger - PC Ton!c - and I want to claim it's ownership in McAfee SiteAdvisor. But I don't know how to create the blank verification file in my blog. Please help...
happy
3 Replies

RE: How do I claim the ownership of my blog?

You can create the verification file on your PC. Just open Notepad, and then Save the empty file with the name given to you by the SiteAdvisor website.

You will then need to upload this file to the root of your site (using FTP, WebDav, or HTTP or...).

Well I don't know how to do that...
Mouton
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

Anyway, the verification system's still not working ... so this is the first reason that make this verification impossible.

Here the second one
For your blog, you're not authorized to upload any file in the root. The blog system belongs to Google and no upload is authorized there (same problem form sitemap, etc...)

So, you'll not be able to verify you're ownership ...

(Confirmation all around the web and in http://theos.in/hakuna-matata/adding-google-sitemap-to-bloggercom-blog-account/)
Member Rewards
McAfee Community rewards active and helpful members just like you. Click here to take a look at the first community members who received a special reward and were recognized by McAfee leader, Aneel Jaeel, for their participation and trusted knowledge in the community.