cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
city_office
Level 7

How do I access internet without turning off Firewall?

Ever since I updated my subscription for Total Protection 2011, I cannot access the internet to make online payments, listen to the radio or check gmail account without disabling the firewall. It also won't allow many attachments on my email account. There's too much protection here and I'm ready to cancel the whole thing Windows Vista.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
k3tg
Level 14

Re: How do I access internet without turning off Firewall?

Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall? When you uninstall McAfee reboot the computer. Go to Useful links at the top of this page and run the MCPR removal tool and reboot again. login to your online McAfee account and download and install your software.

Let us know if this resolves your issue.

0 Kudos
city_office
Level 7

I'm leary of uninstalling on my Windows Vista.....I won't lose anything on my computer?

0 Kudos
k3tg
Level 14

You could also go to the firewall settings and uncheck Net Guard to see if that might be causing the problem.

Technical Support is available in Useful Links at the top of this page. They are available 24/7 and there is no cost.

Just need to be sure if you have ever had any security software on your machine before you put McAfee on there as sometimes if the other software was not completely removed it might cause a conflict.

0 Kudos
city_office
Level 7

thank you. I'll try Tech Support. It worked fine until a couple of months ago...  when I updated my subscription.

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

As Tom mentioned uninstalling will work. What happens is in updates sometimes the new version gets messed up installing over the old version. A clean reinstall as Tom says usually fixes things. It will not affect any other program except it baulks at some installed free scanners. Usually ok to uninstall those and reinstall later.

Tom mentioned Netguard a firewall setting as it is causing some issues to some posters.

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 17/12/11 11:59:54 AM
0 Kudos