cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Help my website is flagged as Grey unverified

Dear All,

I'm new here and I need help with the verification of my website http://www.a-flat-stomach.com

The site is currently flagged as greg, unverified and to me this falls into the 'not trusted' category.

I have sent a review, got a ticket, status was open, reviewed then closed with the ending result being grey. Did it again; same result!

I'm not sure if this means that the site is still under review. I have not received any additonal information needed so not sure what to do next?

Please any advise will be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Adrian

5 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Help my website is flagged as Grey unverified

Grey simply means no rating yet, not that it's untrusted.   It says This link isn't rated. Either we don't have enough information, or we haven't tested      it yet. Proceed with caution.    That last bit is always added on to unrated sites.

Try emailing them but they are very busy so I can't guarantee when a response will happen:   https://community.mcafee.com/message/66185#66185

This may also be useful:  https://community.mcafee.com/message/68874#68874

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 13/02/14 7:08:57 EST AM
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 6

A site will remain Grey until it has been tested or until some external event causes TrustedSource to mark it as Red or Yellow. Testing of a site is not automatic, a site owner has to submit it to SiteAdvisor.

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 4 of 6

Hayton,

As it pertains to the Safety icons and balloons:

Please explain the difference between: "unverified", "unrated" "uncategorized"? 

The language in the SAE 3.5 Product Guide notes “This site is unrated.”

Thanks

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Your site is currently showing as Green in SiteAdvisor and TrustedSource. Since TrustedSource has information about the type of site this is, I assume it has been tested and rated accordingly.

SA rating AFlatStomach.PNG

SA a-flat-stomach.PNG

As for the terminology : these terms come from TrustedSource.

• Unrated means just that : no information available because not tested yet.
  • Unverified means the site has a TrustedSource web reputation above 15, which is the threshold for a Green rating. That may simply mean that the domain URL has been referenced in a web or email link before the site has been tested, meaning the site has a small chance of being a Yellow or Red site. It corresponds to a Grey rating since the chief reason for the above-15 score is that a site is Unrated.
  • Uncategorized : TrustedSource has a large number of categories it uses to define a site's principal function. If the site doesn't have a category label, it's uncategorized. The category is usually supplied by the site owner.

http://www.trustedsource.org/download/ts_wd_reference_guide.pdf

There's not much point quoting from the SAE Product Guide in this part of the forum, as SiteAdvisor Enterprise is a different beast altogether from the Consumer version that we deal with exclusively in this area. SAE has much more flexibility in how sites can be allowed, blocked and filtered, and there's an area in the Business section for questions related to that product.

Highlighted

Hi, visit and follow instructions in Check Single URL

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community