cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RE: Getting site retested

Thanx for the url; much easier to review a site if you can see it...

I visited your site, and since it looked okay, I gave it a green rating.

Hope it helps...
angiev
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 32 of 34

Update: Site Still Showing Red

Looking to see if someone on the forums can help me with this. This is an update since my initial post in Feb.

Since Feb... McAfee was never able to fix my error verifying myself as site owner, however they went in and set me as site owner themselves. So I got verified and I left comment etc. Turns out that site owner cannot change rating of site, as a few McAfee support people told me. But I guessed that was the case anyway.

I have previously emailed with Andrew Lebrun at McAfee. He explained that the site is red because of a test submit they did on a contact form of our site... they received spam afterward. I maintain that there has been a mistake of some type and he was going to retest.

This has been the status since March. I have followed up with no answer.

This is even a larger issue now, because Yahoo is displaying McAfee's site advisor ratings in their search results. Yahoo is unwilling to make changes. When I contacted them, they said I had to go through McAfee.

Is there anyone who can help me get the rating changed to green?

I should add that I have already contacted McAfee through email, feedback forms on site, online chat and my previous contacts there. I have contacted McAfee at least a dozen times already - maybe more.

The site in question is crye-leike.com.

Thanks in advance for your help.....

site advisor Am I puting file in correct location?

"site advisor Am I puting file in correct location?"

I put this string of text on the index page, save and upload,(FP) then click verify. What am I doing wrong?

It says:
"for the Web site designsbyjohninc.com. Please be sure you have placed the verification file in the root Web directory of your site, using the exact file name listed above."

I recieved the response "Could not verify the Web site file "

I have 2 of 6 of my sites verified, Im not getting this?
Please tell me exactly where to put this string of text? the launguage above "root Web directory of your site"
means exactly where?
Thanks
John
angiev
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 34 of 34

Move Question to Separate Thread

Hi designsjohn,

Would you mind starting your own thread with your question?

I am still waiting on a reply to my question. Since your's is not related to my last post, it would be helpful if you would start your own thread.

Probably more likely that both of our questions would be viewed.