Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Raja
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 34

RE: Getting site retested

Please send me your website and contact information to my profile email and I will look into it.
Sites don't get rated red just because someone said they're getting SPAM.
Highlighted

Raja: "Sites don't get rated red just because someone said they're getting SPAM."

Correct, and furthermore: reviewers don't change ratings automatically. And a single bad review shouldn't make that much of a difference in any case. I suspect that something else could be wrong; perhaps you are (unknowingly) linking to red sites..?

angiev: "I was actually also told by support that once I was verified as owner that I could just change the site rating myself."

Really? That must be a misunderstanding; in that case all sites would eventually be green - and the whole purpose of SiteAdvisor would be lost.

What is the website we're talking about..?

I'm also looking to get a site reviewed again that is currently a "Red" status, quote as "When we visited this site, we found that it may be designed to trick you into submitting your personal or financial information to online scammers."

There is nothing on the web site that is trying to do this, it is just a basic sports league website, showing results etc.

I have placed the verfication file on the site, and the site has been verified ok. I have tried using the contact form several times on SA to see if I can appeal against the "Red" decision, or to find out how the site can be reviewed again, but I never get any response even after several weeks.

Does anyone have any ideas?
Raja
Level 9
Message 14 of 34

Please post the website here or you can send it to me, through my profile, and I will look into it.

-R-

Thanks for the offer of help Raja. The web site is http://www.cherwellcricketleague.co.uk
Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Message 16 of 34

Still showing red here.

Spammy site?

One of my sites is also getting the red button with the X on it for spam mail. I've never had an email form on this site. Never.

Numerous mails to SiteAdvisor have gone unanswered. I did get a green light for two days, then it was back to red.

http://www.catcam.us

I know for a fact that people avoid my site because of the McAfee kiss of death and I don't like it. I'd be infuriated if it was a site where I do business.
Raja
Level 9
Message 18 of 34

RE: Spammy site?

This happens alot. You maybe listing email addresses somewhere on your page that are getting downloaded by spammers. Please leave feedback here ---> http://www.siteadvisor.com/userfeedback.html
That will put it into the database and someone will look at it. It may take some time but all feedback is looked at and investigated.

-R-

It's only been about three weeks since I first left feedback. I've since removed the email icon from the guestbook.

But I've seen other sites that have the same guestbook script and they're find on SiteAdvisor. And I saw no messages during that time period that might have been left by siteadvisor, unless I thought they were spammers and removed it.

Which I will do.

thank you for taking the time to reply. You're much more efficient that SiteAdvisor is. And they get paid the big bucks.

I'm not overly fond of McAfee at this point. I doubt they could pay me enough to ever endorse any of their products.
Raja
Level 9
Message 20 of 34

Do you seriously think calling people "Rat Bastards" is a good way to persuade them into helping you?
I understand your frustration and I will look into this and see what I can do. Please don't leave anymore feedback about your site until I can aquire some more information.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community