Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 19

RE: I do not remember

Have you tried unlocking the toolbars to see if it was off screen?

Yes, I have checked that. For some reason it is just not registering itself within IE.
Anyway, I can live without it, if the other component are working properly.

I had the same thing on my PC: I installed it for IE, and it just would not display the SA icon in the toobar. I went on the online chat, and the McAfee Tech told me to make sure that the option "Enable 3rd party browser extensions" is ticked. (You can find it in IE -> Extra -> Internet Options ->Advanced). Once I ticked that option, closed and re-opened IE, the SA button was there!
Reliable Contributor
Message 14 of 19

RE: Can not install Site Advisor Plus

I moved the thread to the appropriate section where someone may spot it. Meanwhile I'll flag this for attention. Maybe my colleagues will have some ideas.
There's always the Tech. Suppoort Chat linked in my signature if you want to try it. Disable pop-up blockers for it to work.
Reliable Contributor
Message 15 of 19

Bastiaan, thanks for that tip. You posted at the same time as myself! Datalab, tell me if his fix works.

Unfortunately not.
If I come to a solution, I will let you know.
thank you for your time.

I am sure it is something to do with the configuration of my PC. One possible reason is another 3-rd party add-on - namely 'Spywareblock' (part of SpyCatcher - from Tenebril) - it could be the reason for SiteAdvisor plugin not registering with IE7.
I do not have time to experiment about it - hope that my info will be useful for Mcafee developing even better products.
Reliable Contributor
Message 18 of 19

The other things that come to mind are...turn off IE7 anti-phishing filter (Tools) and make sure that the content advisor is disabled under Tools/Internet Options/Content. Not sure if either will help as they we mentioned in other contexts.
Reliable Contributor
Message 19 of 19

Any progress?
Member Rewards
McAfee Community rewards active and helpful members just like you. Click here to take a look at the first community members who received a special reward and were recognized by McAfee leader, Aneel Jaeel, for their participation and trusted knowledge in the community.