cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annoying problem with Web Advisor every time i start Google Chrome.

Jump to solution

Every time I start Google Chrome, web advisor analyzes all my past downloads as if I were downloading them again.

It is very annoying when this happens, and to stop it, I must go to extensions and disable Web Advisor, and then enable it, it is very annoying to do that every time I start Google Chrome, could you give me some permanent solution?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Annoying problem with Web Advisor every time i start Google Chrome.

Jump to solution

Hi @HoLaKaNhAsE ,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused. This issue has been resolved now. Please uninstall WebAdvisor from the control panel and reinstall from McAfee settings (Open McAfee, Click settings cog on the top right, click WebAdvisor and install it) to download the latest version of Webadvisor.Reboot the computer and check the status.

Regards,

Siddhartha.R

5 Replies

Jump to solution

@HoLaKaNhAsE 

Please share the screenshot of the error message and the version of WebAdvisor. 

Regards
Siva

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Screenshot_677.pngIt says "We are analyzing the download for security reasons" in english

Jump to solution

@HoLaKaNhAsE 

Please follow the below steps and update the status.

Note: This action may lead to download malicious files or access harmful websites. We recommend to keep webadvisor enabled always and allow permision level on all sites for safer browsing.

1. On your computer, open Chrome .
  2. In the toolbar, right-click an extension.
  3. Hover over “This Can Read and Change Site Data.” Then, decide which permission to give the extension:
    • When You Click the Extension: Turns on the extension only when you click it. This only allows the extension to access the current site in the open tab or window. If you close the tab or window, you’ll have to click the extension to turn it on again.
    • On [current site]: Allow the extension to automatically read and change data on the current site.
    • On all sites: Allow the extension to automatically read and change data on all sites.

Add or remove access to a specific site

1. On your computer, open Chrome .
  2. At the top right, click More     More tools  Extensions.
  3. On the extension, click Details.
  4. Under “Permissions,” add or remove a site:
    • Add: To the right of “Allowed sites,” click Add.
    • If you don’t see this option, change “Allow this extension to read and change all your data on websites you visit” to On specific sites.
    • Remove: To the right of the site, tap More  Remove.

Thanks & regards.

Siddhartha.R

Jump to solution

Hi @HoLaKaNhAsE ,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused. This issue has been resolved now. Please uninstall WebAdvisor from the control panel and reinstall from McAfee settings (Open McAfee, Click settings cog on the top right, click WebAdvisor and install it) to download the latest version of Webadvisor.Reboot the computer and check the status.

Regards,

Siddhartha.R

Jump to solution

The problem has been solved, thank you very much