cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 31 of 58

Re: After firefox update to version 57.0 Webadvisor disabled.

Thank you.  I see how it works now.  That's good.

Reliable Contributor
Message 32 of 58

It's so small now that I disregard any colour. It would pop-up a warning if something risky was on the page or downloading.   Also, back to the original question, please note that in Firefox 57 and onwards extensions must be enabled manually in many cases so may not act properly until a full computer restart.  That is the fault of the browser, not WA.

I agree however that it shouldn't be affected by Adblocker Plus - they are looking into that.

hello exbrit,

thank you for your reply

no biggie for me aswell currently, it is only a cosmetic icon status issue, but have to trust it does it work in the background. since it was mentioned with version 4.0.7.141 and i now have version 4.0.7148 i was curious if for example the blanc sitereport status mentioned by jonnywalker and minsc above is solved with this version ?......

i have not experienced this in the previous version and i have done a sitereport status for this site at this moment and that went ok on this side in FF57.

i do not have Chrome installed current and can not check if it is fixed........

does it work on your side aswell ?

Reliable Contributor
Message 34 of 58

Site reports are fine here in FF57 and Chrome.

Yes it's really only a cosmetic issue, I'm sure will be fixed soon.

All the best 😉

McAfee Employee dougk_t3
McAfee Employee
Message 35 of 58

I looked into this, and there is indeed a problem with the *display* of the download scanning on Firefox.  In IE or Chrome, you'll see the blue "Scanning" box at the top right of the browser when you're downloading, but in Firefox that Scanning box doesn't appear.  We have a bug that was filed on Nov 15th.

Having said that, this is only a display issue; the downloaded file does actually get scanned (and if it's deemed malicious you'll see a "toast" or "pop-up" message at the bottom right of your browser). 

Feel free to test this with the EICAR test file (an industry-standard pseudo-virus test file that all AV products should detect) that you can get from eicar.org, specifically from Download ° EICAR - European Expert Group for IT-Security .

HTH

Reliable Contributor
Message 36 of 58

Thanks Doug, good to know.

hello dougk,

thank you for your update info and taking the time to let us know that the issue of not seeing the WA Scanning box after download is noted.

Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Message 38 of 58

I tested all 3 browsers and found several issues which I have passed onto Doug. Nice to see we were not imagining the issues and good to see the fast response.

minsc
Level 9
Message 39 of 58

I have another issue to add to this discussion.....

Since FF57, if you're in private browsing mode, and you click the Web Advisor button on the toolbar, no options appear. Namely 'View Site Report...' and 'Options...', just a weirdly uninflated popup box with nothing in it.......

Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Message 40 of 58

Confirmed

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community