cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jonnywalker
Level 7

After firefox update to version 57.0 Webadvisor disabled.

After firefox updated to new version 57.0 Webadvisor is no longer enabled firefox it´s been disabled and can´t be enabled. Are McAfee going to solve this on their side ?

JW

0 Kudos
57 Replies
Korgman
Level 10

Re: After firefox update to version 57.0 Webadvisor disabled.

I just logged in with the same question. I even uninstalled the previous version and installed the the latest setup file. Just wondering if McAfee is aware of this and working on a compatible version for FF 57+.

Thanks

wa.JPG

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Strange mine is fine on FF57 64bit using WA 4.0.7.141

Will ping the WA team oh the extension is 118 not your 114 maybe update WA? (ok you tried that)

0 Kudos
cyberdude
Level 10

hello Peacekeeper,

i have currently FF57 32bit with the WA extension ending 118. it is enabled and working.

the only thing i have noticed is the following;

normal the WA icon in FF turns green visiting a website but with Adblock Plus together it stays grey all the time....

if i disable Adblock Plus the WA icon works normal again.

do you have this also perhaps ?

i should add that after installing the Adblock Plus extension the first time the WA icon still works, but after closing FF57 and starting again it stays gray. after i have set the Adblock Plus to disable the WA icon stays grey but after closing FF57 and starting again the WA icon is working normal again.

i have seen this since Adblock Plus installed the new API extension version 3.0 in FF56 just before FF57 was released......

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Running 57.0 64-bit Web Advisor 6.0.0.1.1.8/ Ghostery/ Adguard / all working properly.

I would advise uninstall 32-bit and install 64-bit.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
Korgman
Level 10

Weird. Reinstalled and it is working now (.118 X64)

Maybe the reboot after uninstall was the key.

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

You are correct; while WebAdvisor downloads updates in the background, they don't get installed until reboot.

0 Kudos
cyberdude
Level 10

catdaddy, thanks for your answer.

to switch to 64bit on this machine is not preferable. it has only 2Gb and can not be upgraded to a higher level.

next year a new one i guess.......

well, Adblock Plus is interfering  with the WA icon somehow.....maybe a next update from Adblock Plus will solve this perhaps. it is all new since FF has changed the extensions in version 57, otherwise i can change to something else that has not this issue like Ublock or Adguard.....

was curious if i only noticed this behaviour together from WA and Adblock Plus or that more people has seen this.....

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

So without Adblock WA works but after installing it It (WA) stops does the extension show as enabled then?

The tech who looks after WA is interested in an explanation of the issue does what you pose above cover it?

0 Kudos
cyberdude
Level 10

hello Peacekeeper,

thanks for your answer.

WA 6.0.0.118 is enabled in FF57. i have search notifications, mistypo correction, siterapport....so i think all is working execpt for the visible icon.

normal this turns green when i visit a website, but after installing Adblock Plus extension it is staying gray all the time. but WA is still enabled and is working as mentioned above.

explanation of what i noticed;

when i do a first install of the Adblock Plus extension in FF57, the icon remains working, meaning turns green visiting websites.

when i close FF57 and restart FF57 the WA icon stays gray and remains gray after that visiting websites, but WA is still working

when i do a uninstall of the Adblock Plus extension the WA icon remains gray visting websites.

when i close FF57 and restart FF57 the WA icon is working again, meaning turns green visiting websites and remains working after that.

in short....after installing Adblock Plus in FF57 it prohibits only the WA icon from working in the toolbar and removing Adblock Plus the WA icon works again.

somehow Adblock Plus is interfering with the WA icon status in the toolbar of FF57......on my side that is ofcourse.

i was curious if someone else has noticed this aswell perhaps......

0 Kudos