cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: A warning is raised when download from download.cnet.com

Jump to solution

Hi Jack...

Only a head's up to let you know what I found out about those 2 negative reviews at CNET.  The software attached to the two reviews were for "FrostWire".   As noted to the right (under "Analysis") it say's "AskToolbar".   <== Something I'm not fond of, but pleased SiteAdvisor noted it.  I have been downloading from CNET for years and never had a problem.  But I must admit, I was a little uneasy when I saw your screenshot.  So I went to CNET's download page for "FrostWire".   I was relieved to see it clearly states, "The app also comes bundled with the ASK toolbar, but you can opt out of  that during the installation process".   I was glad to see they made mention of it. 

I don't think 2 negative reviews speaks for the entire site.  As stated, I've never had a problem with any downloads.  With that said, I always scan the files before installing them.  I find it the only safe thing to do.  No matter how much I trust a site.  Be it CNET or elsewhere.

Just my ..... ¢¢

Carol

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community