cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mike_cc
Level 7

whitelisting sites for downloads

What is the best way to configure mwg 7 to whitelist sites for downloads like apple.com (app store, updates), adobe, microsoft, vmware, etc.?

I've tried whitelisting, but that doesn't seem to work - my downloads are still scanned and with large archives (iso, tgz, etc.) that is just not feasible. I've also tried rules based on download size, but that doesn't seem to work either. Also, it looks like some of these sites use SSL for downloads.

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos
4 Replies
edxavier
Level 9

Re: whitelisting sites for downloads

Hello,

You can try add those websites to the bult-in list to bypass antimalware engine. Tha name of the rule is Allow if URL Hosts matches in list Anti-malware URL Whitelist. Or you can use the list that you already have and create a rule whithin the Gateway antimalware rule-set to Stop Rule Set if URL matches your list.

Eduardo

0 Kudos
mike_cc
Level 7

That's something I've already tried and it doesn't seem to work. Did you try it and test it?

Mike

0 Kudos
edxavier
Level 9

Yes, it worked out for me, can you post a printscreen of your rules?

It has to be something like

IF URL matches BYPASSDOWNLOADLIST then STOPCYCLE (this rule has to be above the rule that does the scanning)

BLOCK if virus was found (usually that is the rule that does the scanning)

Eduardo

0 Kudos
mike_cc
Level 7

I think I found it. It was the SSL Inspection Whitelist where I needed to put the url. Apparently many large vendor downloads use SSL.

MIke

0 Kudos