cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pslum
Level 7

webwasher 7, director node and scanning node.

Hi All

can you tell me what is this director node and scanning node? i am confused what are these 2 thing used for in webwasher 7?

regards

Anthony

0 Kudos
5 Replies
McAfee Employee

Re: webwasher 7, director node and scanning node.

A director is an instance to distribute traffic to attached scanning nodes. A scanning node is an instance which scans the traffic.

These modes are available in Proxy HA, Bridge and Router Mode.

Each director is a scanning node at the same point of time btw.

best,

Michael

0 Kudos
pslum
Level 7

Hi Micheal

does this mean the existance of director node and scanning only apply for HA mode? does a stand alone unit need to configure these node?

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

For a singlel node you don't need to configure anything it is just doing it's job.

But any other mode where you want to have failover, you are required to configure directors and scanning nodes, or better said need to differentiate between them,

best,

Michael

0 Kudos
pslum
Level 7

Hi Micheal

thanks for the info. that means if i configure 2 units as HA. 1 configure as the director node and the other scanning node. the director node will be the management server to configure all the rules for the both units. am i right? sorry, i'm a little confuse about the version 7.

regards

Anthony

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

Hi Anthony,

Your statement is correct. As Michael said, if you have multiple, you would need to differentiate between their roles, keeping in mind the director can act as both.

~jon

0 Kudos