cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
netman_71
Level 7

web Gateway Statistic database are to large

we use the web gateway as our proxy solution with version 7.4.2.7.0 as ha pair

now i found out, the statistic database grows up and the opt partition would be full if we didn't find a solution reorganize or minimize this db but how !?

actual we delete some log files, but as you see is not enough, it increases up to 81 %

/dev/mapper/vg00-opt 40G   31G  7.4G  81% /opt

thanks

hans

9 Replies
McAfee Employee

Re: web Gateway Statistic database are to large

Hi Hans,

What makes you think it is the statistics database? How large is it? I've never seen it grow very large as it has rotational nature (only keep X number of days and Y number of entries).

If you have a support case open I'd be very curious to find out whats inside the stats db. Don't post it here as it could contain sensitive information.

Best Regards,

Jon

netman_71
Level 7

Hi Jon,

no there no case opend, i'm now at the beginning of my troubleshooting task and looking for a solution how to regulate the entries, like x days or to find out, what kind of data are in the database.

actually the file is 19 GB large:

[root@mwg-01 ~]# du -h  /opt/mwg/lock/statistic/statistics.db

19G     /opt/mwg/lock/statistic/statistics.db

thanks and regards

Hans

0 Kudos
mbagheryan
Level 12

Dear Hans,

kindly check the Picture Below and check off the marked one if it marked in your environment.

mwg.PNG

Actually, we had similar problem and it was caused by Administrator's mistake which he forgot to check this config and also I suggest you to check the Rule tracing central too.

Enjoy.

M. B. M

0 Kudos
netman_71
Level 7

Hi,

as you seen below, in our environment it is unchecked, maybe there are old statistical data, but how can i delete outdated data and how restrict the time for storing

regards

hans

0 Kudos
mbagheryan
Level 12

It was unchecked or you just did it now?

0 Kudos
netman_71
Level 7

it was unchecked !

0 Kudos
mbagheryan
Level 12

If you set the Rotation setting as well, just restart is what you need after all.

That's what I can suggest.

Other case opening the SR# is required.

M.B.M

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

Please let me know the case number when you have it. The statistics database contains all the information from the dashboards as well as counters. The information from the dashboard is retained in a sliding window fashion, where data goes in and data goes out. The stats db also contains counter information, so if you were using counters in a weird way, perhaps this could lead to the problem maybe??.

In any case I would recommend stopping MWG services and moving the file elsewhere:

1. Stop services (this will interupt traffic):

service mwg stop

2. Move the stats db elsewhere:

mv /opt/mwg/lock/statistic/statistics.db /opt/statistics.db

3. Start MWG services

service mwg start

4. Move the stats db off of /opt else where (like the larger cache partition if needed to gzip it):

mv /opt/statistics.db /opt/mwg/cache/statistics.db

cd /opt/mwg/cache/

gzip -9 statistics.db

5. Use WinSCP or other to get the file off of MWG for checking what's inside.

6. Gather a feedback post it to SR you open(!)

, your issue with connection tracing and core file generation is unrelated to Hans' issue.

Best Regards,

Jon

0 Kudos
mbagheryan
Level 12

Yeah. I got it already. That's why I suggest to make SR to check directly.

0 Kudos