Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mohammad.ab
Level 8

users search in LDAP authentication

Jump to solution

Hello,

Can I search for users to apply a rule for them in MWG 7.x ?

what I'm doing is configuring LDAP authentication, then adding the users in any list manually, and I should care about the spelling for the user name?

I see something better with another product, like I expand the LDAP OUs, and search for the user I want to add to the policy/rule.

can I do something like this in MWG 7.x?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
asabban
Level 17

Re: users search in LDAP authentication

Jump to solution

Hi Mohammad,

I don´t think this is possible yet. There is no LDAP browser built in MWG7 yet, so you have to manually add usernames or OUs to your configuration. You can use an external LDAP browser for example to get the required IDs, and add them via copy/paste.

This is not very comfortable, but the only way I can think of at the moment. I think we will have some improvements here in the future, but at the moment there is no search feature for the authentication.

Best,

Andre

0 Kudos
3 Replies
asabban
Level 17

Jump to solution

Hi Mohammad,

I don´t think this is possible yet. There is no LDAP browser built in MWG7 yet, so you have to manually add usernames or OUs to your configuration. You can use an external LDAP browser for example to get the required IDs, and add them via copy/paste.

This is not very comfortable, but the only way I can think of at the moment. I think we will have some improvements here in the future, but at the moment there is no search feature for the authentication.

Best,

Andre

0 Kudos
mohammad.ab
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thanks Andre for your cooperation,

and how can I request for this feature to be in the near next improvemnets?

0 Kudos
asabban
Level 17

Jump to solution
0 Kudos