Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shed
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

space issue on /dev/mapper/vgg00-opt drive= web gateway vm ver 9.3

hello i have low space on /dev/mapper/vgg00-opt drive, regularly gets to 90 % full the partition is 10gb and 8gb is being used the current vm has a 200gb hard disk how can i repartition this to make it larger? the cache partition is only 8gb, so i cant use the partition wizard method thanks shel
5 Replies
asabban
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 6

Re: space issue on /dev/mapper/vgg00-opt drive= web gateway vm ver 9.3

Hello,

I would not recommend to attempt resizing the partitions on a live system. There is a good chance something fails while resizing partitions and file systems, which could lead to a data loss. 

If possible, taking a backup, re-imaging the virtual machine and restoring the backup might be the better solution.

Best,
Andre

shed
Level 9
Message 3 of 6

HI 

im not sure how reimaging the vm would help?

the vm currently has a hard drive size of 200gb, but in the mwg config that space does not seem to be allocated

are you saying i would have to rebuild the web gateway to make use of that free hard drive space?

thks

shel

shed
Level 9
Message 4 of 6

how do i make more space in the opt directory

as shown 86 percent full

asabban
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 6

Hi,

can you share an fdisk -l output? 

If the disk is 200 GB in size it does not seem that all of the 200 GB are in use. Looks like the disk was not correctly partitioned (which is why I recommended a re-image as partitioning is performed again).

Please also share outputs of

pvdisplay

vgdisplay

lvdisplay

You can easily check if there is unused space on the /opt partition that is not used by the filesystem by running:

resize2fs /dev/mapper/vg00-opt

This will resize the file system, if possible.

NOTE: Operations on the file systems always have some risk. Do not try this on production outside if a maintenance window or on a machine removed from load balancing and always have a backup and installation media available.

Andre

shed
Level 9
Message 6 of 6

i have attached outputs you asked for

thks

shel

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community