cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
samerrafid
Level 7

pushing mobile phones to use Mcafee IP and port number as proxy server

Hi all,

I am new in the Community and this is my first post, I would like to get an advise about this issue :-

before one year me [ network engineer ] and the system admin who is in charge for MacAfee web gateway tried to use the ip and port number to input on mobile phones to push user to go through proxy server and use his domain account to obtain his profile privileges and access only allowed websites on his profile

the test was successful

system admin has left and new admin has came, we tried the test again in order to start implementation but the test was unsuccessful

what we are trying is for example on iPhone device:-

1. server IP 10.211.0.34   [ MacAfee web-gateway ip address ]

2. port number : 9090

3. authentication option enabled

4. username : domainname\username     then password of the user account

still user cant get access to internet via the proxy.

any advise will be great

thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
McAfee Employee

Re: pushing mobile phones to use Mcafee IP and port number as proxy server

Tough to say why without known more.

You certainly want to test this again.

Take a cell, get its IP and start rule engine tracing on the proxy. That will tell you where it stops.

In addition, can you describe what error message your users are getting?

thanks,

Michael

0 Kudos
samerrafid
Level 7

Hi,

the error message from the tracing shows:-

authentication problem

and also mentions that the user is not part of profile 1 or 2 or 3 or any others.

even the username and password are correct

thanks

0 Kudos
jimmylawlz
Level 8

These links helped me with Auth and mobile phones:

And this:

Now in explicit proxy mode, which it sounds like you have setup, it should be easier for you to 'trust' the proxy from the phone.  One thing that kept biting me even then was with certificate trusts.  If the device does not trust the CA, if you are using an internal CA for cert signing an such, then the iPhone may not let the authentication server do its voodoo to auth the device to the network.  Make sure you trust those certs and that may help.

Another way I found very helpful info is by doing this:

Go to -> Policy - Rule Sets Tab.  Then choose to "Add Rule Set from Library".  Now click on the link " Online Rule Set Library" in the top right of that window.  Now do a search for 'auth' and you should find not only rule sets but documentation download options.  That was gold that helped me as well. You can also import those pre-canned rulesets too to get you started.  Good luck!

0 Kudos