cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

mwg-core.errors.log

Is there a way to get some more informations for entries like this?

[2016-08-25 05:48:42.399 +00:00] [UtilsFilterPlugin] [InvalidPropertyParameter] 'JSON filter: GetPropertyValue': Parameters for property 'com.scur.engine.jsonfilter.getbyname' are invalid, reason: 'first parameter should be a map'

In which rule? The value of the property....???

Frank

2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: mwg-core.errors.log

Hi Frank,

I don't think there is a way to make the error message more helpful... at least without touching the code. The message is shown when a property is called which expects JSON as parameter (for example a user-defined property of type JSON), but the parameter is not JSON but a string. I had a couple of problems with that error message in an environment where we fetched group information info a JSON objects, the error message was thrown whenever I tried to lookup a group from my JSON property, but the property was empty because no user groups were retrieved.

Unfortunately I have no more help to offer at this stage.

Best,

Andre

Highlighted

Re: mwg-core.errors.log

I found the problem...

I used the following way.... maybe this helps others also:

I wrote an error handler for Error.id 10004. This was the error.id i found in the documentation for this message.

In this ruleset i stored the property rule.name and topruleset name in a string and wrote this in a dedicated logfile.

With this information I got the rule which created the error message.

After this I extended the error handler with all variables I used in the rule which created the error message...

And voila... there was a wrong syntax in the JSON answer for some requests.

Frank

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community