cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chicane
Level 7

mwg 7 as ICAP scanner, read authentification from ICAP header

Jump to solution

We have a Bluecoat <-> Webwasher setup. The Bluecoat does the authentication IWA/BCAAA and sends the request via ICAP ReqMod to the WebWasher. I did not figure out now how to access this information that i can use them as criteria in a policy rule set. Interesting would be the X-Authenticated-User and X-Authenticated-Groups. Does anybody have a hint?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
asabban
Level 17

Re: mwg 7 as ICAP scanner, read authentification from ICAP header

Jump to solution

Hello,

which version of MWG7 do you run? The currently released version does not allow access to the ICAP headers. There is an update coming up shortly (currently available as a Beta as far as I know) which allows you to access the headers. You can then use the property base64.decrypt to convert the X-Authenticated-User or Groups string into usable values and design your policy based on these values.

Best,

Andre

Nachricht geändert durch Andre Sabban on 23.06.10 05:42:21 CDT
0 Kudos
4 Replies
asabban
Level 17

Jump to solution

Hello,

which version of MWG7 do you run? The currently released version does not allow access to the ICAP headers. There is an update coming up shortly (currently available as a Beta as far as I know) which allows you to access the headers. You can then use the property base64.decrypt to convert the X-Authenticated-User or Groups string into usable values and design your policy based on these values.

Best,

Andre

Nachricht geändert durch Andre Sabban on 23.06.10 05:42:21 CDT
0 Kudos
chicane
Level 7

Jump to solution

I currently run Server Version: 7 / UI Version 7.0.0.1.0 (7305). As it is in a lab, it would be no problem to use the beta, but where can i get it from?

0 Kudos
asabban
Level 17

Jump to solution

Hello,

you can get an updated Beta ISO from the Extranet, if you have signed up for the Beta programm. If you are not you need to do so, please get in touch with our Customer Service Department to do so.

If you can download the ISO from the Extranet you can work with that. Unfortunately you will have to re-install MWG7 as there are no updates on the Udpate Servers yet and you can only install the ISO.

If it is a Lab environment this may be okay for you.

Best,

Andre

0 Kudos
chicane
Level 7

Jump to solution

Is there a date when this function will be available? I would need to know because if it takes to long, i would have to implement the production with a 6 version.

0 Kudos