cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NetTas
Level 7

microsoft.com, google.com etc been blocked

This morning all my WG7 users were advised that microsoft.com, ytimg.com, google.com / google associated sites, as well as many crl sites were blocked.

These sites were rated as Malicious and High Reputation.

Called WG7 support how are investigation.

Only work around is to add these affected sites to global Whitelist

This is a real pain and has put my real rule set into some risk.

Has anyone else had similar experiences

0 Kudos
7 Replies
NetTas
Level 7

Re: microsoft.com, google.com etc been blocked

try http://www.microsoft.com/en/us/default.aspx - yesterday (Sunday) this sites was rated as Business, Software/Hardware|Minimal Risk now Malicious Sites|High Risk

0 Kudos
Hayton
Level 18

This doesn't help you with your problem, but TrustedSource shows microsoft.com as a safe site as of the 15th (two days ago) - the problem you describe will not become visible until the display is updated.

www.microsoft.com - Domain - McAfee Labs Threat Center.png

0 Kudos
asabban
Level 17

Hello,

yes true. The URL "www.microsoft.com" is rated correctly, BUT it redirects to "http://www.microsoft.com/en/us/default.aspx", which is then blocked.

I also heard a report from support about this. I will make sure this gets analyzed asap.

Can you provide more examples?

Best,

Andre

0 Kudos
asabban
Level 17

According to what I found out the issue is already addressed in the database. It will (unfortunately) take a couple of hours until all databases are synchronized with the changes. Please try again once you received an updated version of the URL Filter Database.

Best,

Andre

0 Kudos
asabban
Level 17

Can you please verify if you still encounter the problem? Please ensure you have updated the URL Filter lists on your MWGs.

Best,

Andre

0 Kudos
NetTas
Level 7

The problem has disappeared with the update of TS-Database=30551. I have requested that an explanation be provided of the circumstances associated with this incident from your Support crew, considering the implications of what occurred

0 Kudos
asabban
Level 17

Thank you for the update!

Best,

Andre

0 Kudos