cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
doubstar
Level 8

mcafee web gtw 7.0 License Policy

Hi,

I have a question about the mcafee web gateway license policy.

i have seen that the license count is based on seats count.

How does mcafee checks the license seats? by meaning if i have 100 users but the the seats count is exceeded ?

do i get warning on this matter of is there a way to create a policy that i can see how many seats are used ?

can is check how many seats are used ?

thank you all

---doubstar 

8 Replies
McAfee Employee

Re: mcafee web gtw 7.0 License Policy

Licenses are trust licenses. In version 6 you will be nagged with emails that your lincense is over limit. In 7 we simply trust you.

Michael

doubstar
Level 8

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your quick response.

Because i couldn't find this matter in the mwg 7.0 manual, i was just wondering how the license count was/is organized.

But is this case if it is based on trust, then i can answer such future question to our sales guys.

Again i thank you,

--doubstar

Message was edited by: doubstar on 10/7/11 9:00:00 AM CDT
eelsasser
Level 15

If you have Web Reporter, you can create a quick query/report with the User Name field or the IP address field and select Count Distinct on the column properties.

That will count up a total of unique IP addresses or userIDs for your reference.

doubstar
Level 8

nope, dont use WR. i was looking into mwg 7.0 dashbord summary categories.
you'l see some reports stuff there, but noting like license summary. this explains my question ;-)

0 Kudos
Troja
Level 14

Hi Michael,

is there any change with the license counting?

Best,

Thorsten

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

Hi Thorsten,

no there isn't, unless you mean version 6 compared to 7. But even then...MWG 6 only counted licenses and sent out warnings, but there nothing related happening in 7. 7 only alerts you in case the license runs out, but nothing related to user count.

Michael

josiahkuenzi
Level 7

Re: mcafee web gtw 7.0 License Seat Count Policy

We would like the funtionality to report on current seats or user count for McAfee Web Gateway.

0 Kudos
homeuse
Level 9

Re: mcafee web gtw 7.0 License Seat Count Policy

On every report you would run into errors. If you take the usernames, you also use maybe serviceaccounts which are not "seats". If you count IP's you have systems also without "seats". The only report I'm doing at the setups which I maintain, is to go to the HR and ask how many workers are currently employed. Maybe if the business has that workers don't have computer acces, I'll ask how many current signed computer usage policy are active. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos