cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
omspednekar
Level 7

is it possible to limit bandwidth as per ussername or account name in webwaser 6.8.6

is it possible to limit bandwidth as per ussername or account name in webwaser 6.8.6

0 Kudos
4 Replies
asabban
Level 17

Re: is it possible to limit bandwidth as per ussername or account name in webwaser 6.8.6

The feature you are looking for is called "Rate Limiting". I think this has been introduced with Webwasher 6.8.7.

Best,

Andre

0 Kudos

Re: is it possible to limit bandwidth as per ussername or account name in webwaser 6.8.6

Do you have anymore information regarding rate-limiting on 6.875 or version 7.0?  I have checked with support and they do not think this feature is in the software.

Thanks,

Donald

0 Kudos
Troja
Level 14

Hi,

Rate Limiting or Bandwidth Management would be the next strong argument comparing McAfee WebGateway and Bluecoat Proxies.

cheers, Thorsten

asabban
Level 17

Hello,

Rate Limiting based on Req/s, KByte/s and concurrent connections is part of 6.8.7 (on Appliance).

In 7 you can only use concurrent connections for Rate Limiting at the moment. I am pretty sure more will come in the near future :-)

Best,

Andre

0 Kudos