cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ahmad.hasan
Level 9

how to create a log file to display the posted comments at news sites via WebGateway 7.1

i have a customer who has a WebGateway 4500 with version 7.1

i need tocreate a log file that displays the posted comments at the news sites only with the User name and the ip for any person entering news sites.

regards..

0 Kudos
3 Replies
eelsasser
Level 15

Re: how to create a log file to display the posted comments at news sites via WebGateway 7.1

You can create a log of of all POST commands to the General News Category.

You will have a very hard time trying to get the actual comments to log.

POST data is usually encoded form data and you cannot generically determine what is the comment and what is the rest of the post.

I've done this with social media sites to capture what was POSTed to other people's walls or chats.

Image1.jpg

But the data is going to be tedious to discover and decode (you have to encode it as Base64 in the logs):

Capture.PNG

Eventually, with enough effort, you can get what you are looking for.

Capture2.PNG

...not to mention the privacy violations this could pose legally.

So, yes, it can be done. But I don't recommend it.

0 Kudos
ahmad.hasan
Level 9

Re: how to create a log file to display the posted comments at news sites via WebGateway 7.1

Hello eelsasser,

thanks for the response..

i tried to make a rule like yours but it didn't work.. the main log folder is created under user defined logs but these is no files in it..

i don't know why but should the log file has a header at file system logging setting??

if yes please give it to me..

regards..

0 Kudos
eelsasser
Level 15

The headers should not matter.

One thing I forgot to mention is the rules go into the Policy Rules during Request Cycle, not the Logging rules.

I don't have the original rules anymore, just the screen shot.

0 Kudos