cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dave2373
Level 7

hello when I try to access certain web sites they get blocked by the url filter database. how do I fix rhis

i just need to know how to fix this thank you

0 Kudos
10 Replies
nehalreads
Level 10

Re: hello when I try to access certain web sites they get blocked by the url filter database. how do I fix rhis

May i know which browser you are using ?. I believe McAfee product is installed in your computer !.

0 Kudos
dave2373
Level 7

Re: hello when I try to access certain web sites they get blocked by the url filter database. how do I fix rhis

i use internet explorer and i think i uninstalled all the other mcafee stuff but i cant figure this out

0 Kudos
nehalreads
Level 10

I believe you installed McAfee Total Protection.!! ... Seem's like it could be an issue with the McAfee Site advisor or McAfee Parental control. Please use the below tool to delete all the existing McAfee files and folder's from your computer.

MCPR : http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/MCPR.exe

Run the above tool in your computer and follow the instruction's to complete the procedure. Restart the computer and let me know the outcome.

0 Kudos
dave2373
Level 7

ok i followed the instructions and its still blocking my access

0 Kudos
rnisha
Level 7

Hi dave2373,

To have a clarity on the problem and to provide a simple solution, May I know what product have you installed?

Regards

Nisha

McAfee Community Moderator

0 Kudos
rnisha
Level 7

May I know which product have you installed whether the McAfee Family protection or McAfee security software?

0 Kudos
dave2373
Level 7

Honestly im not sure what was installed at the top of the screen it says web gateway 7 then the message that its blocking acess

0 Kudos
rnisha
Level 7

Thank you for providing the information. The web Gateway looks like an McAfee enterprise Edition and as you have reached consumersegment, I do not have much information on that. However you may call McAfee Corporate Tech support for more details and assistance related to this problem.

McAfee Corporate Tech Support: 1-800-937-2237

McAfee Corporate Customer Support:1-888-847-8766

0 Kudos
karthiks
Level 12

Moved the Thread to Web Gateway for better attention

0 Kudos