cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

ePO and Content Security Reporter

I'm trying to register my Content Security Reporter server in ePO and it's not working.  I installed CSR, installed the extension to create Report Servers in ePO, and created my Report Server.

CSR was installed on the ePO server.  I put in the name of the server, it defaults to port 9112, and then the passkey I created when I installed CSR.  I hit the Test button and it says "Test login successful".

When I go to menu > Configuration > Report Server Settings, it says:

"The Report Server is currently unavailable.

Please check your Registered Server settings and confirm that the Report Server is properly configured."

I have tried using the report server name, the IP address, and even the loopback address.  Each one says the test is successful.  I tried different open ports and they were all successful.  But no matter what I do, I get that same error when I try to go to the Report Server Settings.  The documentation doesn't give any other instructions than what I've already done.  Anyone have this same issue and find a way around it?  I feel like I'm missing something simple but can't figure it out.

Is there anything I have to do on the server itself?  After the install finishes, nothing happens and no new program shortcuts are added so I can't open any local manager to configure.  Also, just for fun I tried going to https:\\<serverip>:9112 and the Wildfly splash screen does appear, so I know it's working.

Thanks all!

5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 6

Re: ePO and Content Security Reporter

any solution to that?

i have same problem

CSR server seem to be properly configured, same with content security Report database.

But no reports are displayed.

under configuration / Report Server Settings i keep getting  message :

Teh Report Server i currently unavailable. Please check you Registered Servers Settigns and confirm that Report Server i sproperly configured.

epo 5.3.3  I think i try to upgrade epo to 5.9 and check if it help.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 6

Hi PiotrS,

May i know what is the EPO and CSR version.

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 4 of 6

epo 5.3.3

CSR 2.6.0.117 altough it could be 2.5.0.118 when issue happened cause we updated that module once we seen it not working

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 6

ePO 5.3 is out of support, just so you are aware.  I am going to move this post to CSR team.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 6 of 6

I guess problem was resolved but no cause found.

It helped to uninstall binaries from csr server reboot and install again.

We had to reconfigure it from scratch on epo though.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community