cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ePO/CSR and Web Gateway logging

Hi!

I'm working with an environment where ePO/CSR and Web Gateway are used in conjunction.
I would like to utilize the reporting functions of ePO/CSR for more than just typical Access Log analysis and use them to troubleshoot connections as well in cases where performing Rule Tracing on MWG isn't practical.

As far as I'm aware ePO/CSR allows for the fields "Block Reason" and "Last Rule" within its queries, but how can I make Web Gateway push those pieces of information to CSR and in relation to that, how can I make CSR save those fields?

On our default configuration those pieces of information appear to be omitted from the CSR database as performing any query fills the table with "-" entries for the particular columns.

Thank you!

2 Replies
AaronT
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: ePO/CSR and Web Gateway logging

Block ID Number = Number.ToString(Block.ID)

Block Reason = Block.Reason

Last Rule  = RulesCurrentRule.Name

We have the fields in CSR.  Update the header row and add those fields.  Should be nothing to it.

Just be aware that those are Detailed Access fields, and those queries can take a while to run depending on your CSR environment.

Re: ePO/CSR and Web Gateway logging

Could you elaborate a bit on the process?
I did managed to add the Block Reason field into MWGs access log and as I parse the log in text file form I do see it in there.

But trying to push the log onto CSR with the modified header & log handler rule yields errors; the log imports successfully but reports an error for every line (aside from the header) and the log as a result isn't visible via. Query.

Thanks for the reponse!

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community