cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

customize the mcafee web gateway bock page

Hi Team, We have customized the block page of McAfee web gateway in such a way that the user can submit its service request just by clicking on the submit button and the concerned administration team will receive the mail. " But while the request gets submitted the same window remains on the users browser. The user will not be able to figure if his/her request is submitted. We wish to have a Popup or a page saying your request has been successfully submitted and we shall get back to you. In case of Pop up, if we are not able to close the request page, ask the user to close the page within the popup message." please help us add on this customization.
1 Reply
McAfee Employee mkutrieba
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: customize the mcafee web gateway bock page

Hello,

I do not know if you have used this, but this sounds like the "Site review" rule set from online rule set library:
https://contentsecurity.mcafee.com/ruleset_library?q=%22site+review%22

In case you already use this and it still does not work, please check with rule trace if redirect URL is correct and matching the rule set etc. as described in the documentation. I know some cases from last years where there was an issue with HTTPS, SSL scanning, from customer modified settings/block pages which destroyed the logic and therefore redirect did not work.

In case you do not use this, please have a look at this.

It contains a documentation where you will see screenshots. One is the block page saying "you are not allowed, if you want to have access write down your need and click on submit button". Once this is done, it redirects to second block page "was successful, please now navigate to a new website".

I have not tested this right now but so far I know, this works fine. Please download it and read through the documentation to find out if this covers your need.

Important: Take a backup of your machine before importing/deploying it.

Let us know if you have further questions or issues, then I can also deploy it and have a look if needed.

Regards,
Marcel Kutrieba
Technical Support Engineer
Want to Ask a Question?
Many members like to perform a search first in case other customers have already asked and answered a similar question. However, to ask a question, first select a forum then click on Post a Topic. You must sign in or log in with your existing credentials.

McAfee Service Portal customers please use your existing username and password to log into the community.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community