Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mike18
Level 7

config of proxy server on IE

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

On few PC in our environment which are not on our windows domain we cannot use PAC file option on IE.

Need to confirm if proxy server settings on IE will work for non domain machines.

Regards

Mike

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bjoernt
Level 9

Re: config of proxy server on IE

Jump to solution

Hi Mike,

in our company for non domain machines (a few server) i create a rule to skip authorization for the Client-IPs of this machines in the Authentication Rule Set. And then i create a Top Level Rule Set under the User-Authentication-Top Level Rule Set which Criteria is the List of the Client-IPs. So the client is identified over the IP. This works fine with manual Internet-Settings in IE but i think it works with PAC or WPAD too.

BR

Björn

0 Kudos
3 Replies
bjoernt
Level 9

Jump to solution

Hi Mike,

in our company for non domain machines (a few server) i create a rule to skip authorization for the Client-IPs of this machines in the Authentication Rule Set. And then i create a Top Level Rule Set under the User-Authentication-Top Level Rule Set which Criteria is the List of the Client-IPs. So the client is identified over the IP. This works fine with manual Internet-Settings in IE but i think it works with PAC or WPAD too.

BR

Björn

0 Kudos
mike18
Level 7

Jump to solution

Many thanks BR.

0 Kudos
bjoernt
Level 9

Jump to solution

Here are two pitcures for this action. First for the skip:

mwg1.png

And second for the criteria in the Top Level Rule Set where the rules for the URLFiltering are in ( i have copy&paste from one Standard-Filtering Rule)

mwg2.png

BR

Bjoern