cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

captive portal method or something similar for guest users

Hi at all,

I'm new with the mwg so can someone tell if there are a guide for configure mwg the captive portal methods?

or methods such as allowing guest users to navigate through the mwg without blocks or other?

Thank you

Luca

2 Replies
Reliable Contributor asabban
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: captive portal method or something similar for guest users

In MWG there are several options for what is commonly called "captive portal" - maybe you can share some more details how the user experience should look like.

Some options (you can find example rules in the rule library that ships with the product):

- Welcome Page: Show a splash screen to the user (use policy) once a day

- Coaching: Show a spash screen to the user when accessing forbidden categories, allow user to override for X minutes

- Login Page: Show a spash screen to the user when browsing starts, user can only continue after providing valid authentication data

Best,

Andre

Highlighted

Re: captive portal method or something similar for guest users

Hi Andree,

thank you for your quick response, essentially the option of login page for off-domain clients is what I need (I saw your post in response to aussiewan that made me write here to the resolution)

Unfortunately I do not know the product so I need a checklist process an how-to to implement it and improve my knowledge of the mwg

Thank you for the help

Best,

Luca

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • Visit: Business Service Portal
  • More: Search Knowledge Articles
  • ePolicy Orchestrator Support

• Download the new ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) Support Center Extension which simplifies ePO management and provides support resources directly in the console. Learn more about ePO Support Center