cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

captive portal method or something similar for guest users

Hi at all,

I'm new with the mwg so can someone tell if there are a guide for configure mwg the captive portal methods?

or methods such as allowing guest users to navigate through the mwg without blocks or other?

Thank you

Luca

2 Replies
Reliable Contributor asabban
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: captive portal method or something similar for guest users

In MWG there are several options for what is commonly called "captive portal" - maybe you can share some more details how the user experience should look like.

Some options (you can find example rules in the rule library that ships with the product):

- Welcome Page: Show a splash screen to the user (use policy) once a day

- Coaching: Show a spash screen to the user when accessing forbidden categories, allow user to override for X minutes

- Login Page: Show a spash screen to the user when browsing starts, user can only continue after providing valid authentication data

Best,

Andre

Re: captive portal method or something similar for guest users

Hi Andree,

thank you for your quick response, essentially the option of login page for off-domain clients is what I need (I saw your post in response to aussiewan that made me write here to the resolution)

Unfortunately I do not know the product so I need a checklist process an how-to to implement it and improve my knowledge of the mwg

Thank you for the help

Best,

Luca

McAfee ePO Support Center Plug-in
Check out the new McAfee ePO Support Center. Simply access the ePO Software Manager and follow the instructions in the Product Guide for the most commonly used utilities, top known issues announcements, search the knowledgebase for product documentation, and server status and statistics – all from within ePO.