cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hon
Level 9

cannot access web management [after set proxy]

Jump to solution

Can i configure web gateway to allow Web management. We have met problem that If i set proxy to browser i cannot login to web management. but when i remove the proxy, i can access it properly.

i have already tried to disable all policy as well. How can i solve this problem

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hon
Level 9

Re: cannot access web management [after set proxy]

Jump to solution

Ok Thank a lot for you help

0 Kudos
4 Replies
andyclements
Level 12

Jump to solution

Are you manually setting the proxy values?  If so, you shold make an exclusion for the proxy's address, so the browser does not try to proxy the traffic.  It is generally a good idea to put your internal network in the exclusion list, as you are not usually trying to protect against that.

0 Kudos
hon
Level 9

Jump to solution

Do you mean i should by-pass internal network ? that mean i need to configure at the browser [proxy setting] ?. Can i configure at the Mcafee web gateway to solve this problem because right now i have disabled all policy but I still cannot login to web management if proxy was set.

0 Kudos
andyclements
Level 12

Jump to solution

Yes, I would bypass the internal network at the browser level.  There isn't really anything that can be done on the proxy to make it connect to itself.

As an example, if our domain was on test.com, and the internal network was all in the Class B private range (192.168.x.x), I would ususally put in exceptions for `*.test.com` and `192.168.0.0/16`.  I know this syntax works for Firefox, the Windows settings are similar.  Note that this excludes your entire internal network, which is what I generally recommend.  You may need to proxy some internal traffic, but I generally don't see a good reason to.

0 Kudos
hon
Level 9

Jump to solution

Ok Thank a lot for you help

0 Kudos