cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Youtube API v3

Hi!

I use your Ruleset to gather youtube information.

I works fine as long as I use a desktop. If the client is an Iphone the rule does not work. As I can see the app does not try to connect to youtube.com It uses googlemail. Is there a solution for this site also?

Frank

6 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Youtube API v3

If you look through the logs, is there any URL in there that has the videoID in them?

The YouTube rules rely on a way to isolate the videoID to lookup in the API. Without that ID, no lookup can happen.

This is the problem.I don't find any id. But it must be there... 😞

Highlighted

Re: Re: Youtube API v3

I got it:

If you use the youtube app on IPHONE you will find the ID here: googleapis.com

and then check for path /youtube*/v1/player with pattern matching.

The ID in parameter id.

I also extracted the TAGS. So you can easily filter them also.

Don't forget this works only if you intercept SSL traffic.

Frank

Highlighted

Hello fieckholt,

I have an error "fetching" the API information; what must I set in Extended List Configuration?. Could you help me?.

thanks,

Jose.

[2015-11-25 12:25:23.243 +01:00] [ExternalListsFilterPlugin] [ExtListsError] Error in ExternalListsFilter: 'CWebServiceDataSource: unexpected return code =403'.

[2015-11-25 12:25:23.243 +01:00] [ExternalListsFilterPlugin] [ExtListsError] Error in ExternalListsFilter: 'Error during data fetch'.

[2015-11-25 12:25:23.244 +01:00] [UtilsFilterPlugin] [InvalidPropertyParameter] 'JSON filter: GetPropertyValue': Parameters for property 'com.scur.engine.jsonfilter.getbyname' are invalid, reason: 'first parameter should be a map'

[2015-11-25 12:25:23.681 +01:00] [UtilsFilterPlugin] [InvalidPropertyParameter] 'JSON filter: GetPropertyValue': Parameters for property 'com.scur.engine.jsonfilter.getbyname' are invalid, reason: 'first parameter should be a map'

[2015-11-25 12:25:23.798 +01:00] [UtilsFilterPlugin] [InvalidPropertyParameter] 'JSON filter: GetPropertyValue': Parameters for property 'com.scur.engine.jsonfilter.getbyname' are invalid, reason: 'first parameter should be a map'

[2015-11-25 12:25:23.839 +01:00] [UtilsFilterPlugin] [InvalidPropertyParameter] 'JSON filter: GetPropertyValue': Parameters for property 'com.scur.engine.jsonfilter.getbyname' are invalid, reason: 'first parameter should be a map'

[2015-11-25 12:25:23.998 +01:00] [ ERRORS LOG FLOOD - START ] 6 times within the last 1521ms [1FA31B5F625BBCA1][>>> [UtilsFilterPlugin] [InvalidPropertyParameter] 'JSON filter: GetPropertyValue': Parameters for property 'com.scur.engine.jsonfilter.getbyname' are invalid, reason: 'first parameter should be a map' <<<]

Highlighted

Did you use your own API Credentials from Google?

Highlighted

Yes, I have not activated the correct API.

Now, it is right.

Thanks!!!.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community